Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: McVeigh

Just got back from the game.......Macca played mainly in HF line and played well

I had two ressies sitting next to me and they commented on how they though Macca was playing well also and nullifying Leon's counter also

Interestingly they commented on White and that they feel he will make it..............they said he is amazing at training and just needs time considering he was such a late convert
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Auntie ... you must sit behind us!!

As for McShudder - he had a great game tonight, but the jury is still out your honour. This week I'll only drive 5ks over the speed limit.

Let's see what he can do next week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Macca was great last night.

His gut running into space and provide a target inside 50 when we managed to get over the press was super and at times he was absolutely spent. That gut running forward of the ball doesn't show up on the TV as I'm sure you appreciate, but he did it each and every time. The GPS which measures times sprinting, times jogging etc. would make for an interesting read. He would have done at least a dozen 100m sprints last night.

The goal he slotted late in the third was the 'Captains Goal' everybody has so longed for. If he missed, the knockers would have been on here immediately giving him a whack for missing goals the 'captains must kick'.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought he did exactly what the team needs him to do yesterday. Find space, use the ball well, and kick goals. Who cares whether he gets 17 possessions, 25 possessions or 35 possessions if he is doing that. Pretty hard to argue with a 4 goal haul.

Now he just needs to keep doing that every week.

He looked a lot better forward than he has been looking in the middle, should keep him up there for a while.

Great decision by Horse to play him on Leon Davis, who is a very poor defender (great rebounder, but poor defender). Showed him no respect at times and consequently McVeigh saw heaps of space. Genuinely couldn't count the number of times I saw him running around by himself.

Keep him at HF. Play him on the best rebounding defender and hope to exploit him the other way and hopefully keep him accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    17 possessions for an outside midfielder is simply not good enough. Swan had 33. 'nuff said
    If you were watching the game, you'd have noticed he was playing at HF. 17 possessions and 4 goals for a HFF is not only good enough, it's fantastic.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    17 possessions and 4 goals for a HFF is not only good enough, it's fantastic.
    I wonder if he drives a Great Wall 4WD??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I wonder if he drives a Great Wall 4WD??
    That's not a good call.....

What?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Regular in the Side
    I'm in with the majority here - great game at HFF. Let's keep him there.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I'm in with the majority here - great game at HFF. Let's keep him there.
    Who would have thought playing Macca as a half forward would work? (Sarcasm). Proof that horse reads RWO. Well done folks.......and nice to see him contribute, well done Macca.

i thought he was good & provided a small option, making Davis accountable. please get off his back as he is coming good & he is only a monor concern compared to the clearances, contested posession, structure etc.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456