Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRP: 2 weeks for Mumford (what a joke!!)

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    It was a worse looking tackle for sure. He slung him around his hip and all but pile drived into the ground.

Only difference, player wasn't injured...they definitely grade these tackles based mainly on injury outcomes. Which is wrong IMO. Intent should carry more wait.
    If you assault someone or drink drive the penalty increases with the damage you do. Can't see any reason why it shouldn't be the same here.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If you assault someone or drink drive the penalty increases with the damage you do. Can't see any reason why it shouldn't be the same here.
    I would have thought the opposite logic should apply? If you drink drive you dont get off just because you didnt kill someone - thats just a matter of blind luck - you get penalised for breaking the law in the first place. If the tackle is illegal & you want to stop it, then everyone who completes the tackle in the outlawed manner simply cops the penalty.

Veterans List
    Just saw this last night. Gee, there's not a lot to it - and basically he was 10 pts shy of getting four weeks! I'm not sure if I understand this ruling or this direction - seems to really penalise the strong boys.

Don't agree, but that's they way the game is these days and two weeks is reasonable, based on the @@@@e current rules.

Maybe he should stop tackling and introduce a sleeper hold or body drop into his repertoire.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I agree if they judge it as "intentional", when it's judged as "negligent" I think it does need to be looked into a little more.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    It's pinning the arms to prevent disposal that causes the problem. Tackling, like so much else, has become an increasingly technical business these days, and I don't see how you can change the trend except by more tinkering with the rules. Wonderful prospect that is.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Challenging the ban is silly, and would be going down the path of Thomas' and Selwood's contests by their respective clubs and adding an extra week unnecessarily. I'm not sure what argument the club could present to the tribunal. It is also disingenuous for the reporter to say that just because it's GC it won't matter if Mumford misses that game as well. Zac Smith has been brilliant this year (and a smokie for the Rising Star), not to mention the fact that the Suns are the number 1 side in clearances (before last round)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Maybe he should stop tackling and introduce a sleeper hold or body drop into his repertoire.
    I say the team should be trained in the old Spock-grip/Vulcan nerve pinch. No concussion possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    I say the team should be trained in the old Spock-grip/Vulcan nerve pinch. No concussion possible!
    I hope more effective than the Judd pressure point pinch.

The MRP works in mysterious ways sometimes but on this point they're position is pretty clear.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Accepting the 2 weeks according to Balym on Twitter
    -

Yep -

toddbalym

Swans accept Mumford 2 week ban with early plea. Big man now must see out season with 93 carryover points. Could prove costly come finals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast