Thread: ex-Swan Scott Stevens retires

Veterans List

ex-Swan Scott Stevens retires

Stevens announces retirement - Official AFL Website of the Adelaide Football Club

"Adelaide utility Scott Stevens has decided that he will not be fit to play again in 2011 and will retire at the end of this season.

Stevens, 29, continues to suffer from post-concussion syndrome and has not played since the round three match against Fremantle.

He told the players of his decision to retire this morning.

Stevens played 119 AFL games with Adelaide from 2005-11 after being traded from Sydney, where he played 25 games, at the end of 2003. "

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Just read this on the HUN site.

I was always happy to see Scott play well for the Crows (just not against us).

I hope the concussion problem isn't a permanent one.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Gee, felt like he played a lot more games for them. He was a key part of their side for a while.

Good on him for making something of his career after such a flat start.

Pushing for Selection
    And one of the few men who can claim to have shared a forward line with Plugger and Baz - during the former's ill fated Farnham season. Honest player hope things work out for him post-career.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scott was a genuinely nice guy, I remember we held out such high hopes for him as a key forward but he just never added on to that frame. I was always happy to see him playing well when I caught a Crows game, he really carved a niche for himself floating across their half back line and seemed to have a knack for reading the ball inflight to cut off forward thursts from the opposition.

Best of luck for the future to him, may he succeed in whatever field he enters.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    One of footy's really nice guys - hope all turns out ok for him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    One of the few Ex-Swans to do better at his new club than with us. Best of lucky Scotty

Did anyone see news clips of his retirement press conference? It was a bit scary actually. The poor bloke is not right at all at the moment and I hope to God he recovers well. The increasing awareness of post-football brain injuries that's coming out of the US is scary. Berrick Barnes from the Waratahs is another who's having trouble at the moment.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph