Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone Sydney fan

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like to go to the football to watch the football, I happily cheer in whatever way I like and must admit I'm relatively indifferent to how others cheer- my main interest in performance is that of the players, secondary is that of the pie warmers. It works well.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That German one makes me sea sick. Can we not?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    That German one makes me sea sick. Can we not?
    So first it's "oh, I'm in a VW and I'm having the time of my life" and then it's "oh, no Germans please"!?!?!?!? WOMEN!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    So first it's "oh, I'm in a VW and I'm having the time of my life" and then it's "oh, no Germans please"!?!?!?!? WOMEN!
    Stella Stella Stella!

I was sitting near a bloke (pies supporter) that said. that is a silly man. We knife our own, and I believed him!

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    I fully disagree with this, several times during the game i heard loud sydney chants, there was a game this year against west coast at subi and all you could hear in the last 5 mins were the 50 sydney supporters who were there chanting sydney, I went to the melbourne game this year where the swans fans were just as vocal as the home sides melbourne.
    The support in WA is amazing. No argument here. Re read my posts and I mention that every time I'm there.

Last night the Collingwood chant was better and louder then anything we have.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    This entire post is just
    Thanks, good contribution.

Regular in the Side
    I'm looking forward to the Crow's game. Expecting to be loud, brash and hopefully in front by a packet. If the small number of Swan's fans can't rile up some Adelaidians in the name of atmosphere I'll be very surprised

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That's what I'm talking about- even the Pies dorks would be intimidated by that!
    As someone who works in the construction industry all that does is scare me.

There's a reason army's break march when they come to a bridge.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    We brought in a drum. The AFL banned it.
    We wave big flags. The AFL Cheer Squads league has tried everything under the sun to get them banned, and have failed
    We tried to sing Barmy Army style songs in the Cheer Squad. I had a member of the Sydney club office ringing up to have a go at me, threatening me with cancelling my membership.
    Boooo! All of the above sounds fun. About the only enjoyment I got from the one cricket match I ever attended was watching/listening to the Barmy Army. I'd love to see a Swans equivalent serenading the opposition.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    ... We tried to sing Barmy Army style songs in the Cheer Squad. I had a member of the Sydney club office ringing up to have a go at me, threatening me with cancelling my membership.
    ... JF
    Now that is not just bureaucracy gone barmy, that is Big Brother. Unnecessary, unwanted and downright officious.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I liked the fact he stirred things up.

The worst thing about following the Swans is our Sydney supporters (the Melbourne ones are great). There is such a lack of passion, chanting, banter etc. There is also this whole moral high ground thing creeping in where we are critical of an umpire who gives us a soft free, not booing past players or turning on those who yell out 'ball' on a 50:50 call in the hope of influencing the umpire.

A Collingwood chant going up around the ground was embarrassing. They may be feral, however at least they are loud and can support their team. They are even far better organised at getting a simple chant going. We seem to have the clap clap clap bit down pat, but when it comes to yelling out "Sydney", there is @@@@ all.

Obviously Sydney is a fickle market and maybe it needs to start within the cheer squad? I know at the moment it is looked upon as a collection of society's rejects. This must change.

A home game in Sydney is far from a fortress.
    Sydney fans are a big bore and it irritates me a lot. You cannot do anything at a swans game without some pompous @@@@@ covered in head to toe in expensive exclusive swans garb (you know the tartan scarf a few years ago or some wanky looking polo) give you a death stare or telling you to shut up.

And don't get me started on the stupid attitude of being all conservative and boring in not yelling out things at the footy because we are not "like them"

And the pies stole OUR chant and have run with it to the point people think THEY started it..well i don't blame them as when they get it going they are loud..sydney fans start 3 bars of it and then are over it..or they just act all moral and don't participate because only ferals show passion!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast