Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A strong July ahead?

Regular in the Side

A strong July ahead?

Like all Swans supporters I have my hopes ahead for an undefeated period for the calender month of July, leaving them with the second bye, on 11 wins 5 losses and a draw.

Adelaide Away. Until last year a real boogie side for the Swans. That great victory early last season where Ben McGlynn starred, threw away the stigma. This season, the Crows are playing poorly and the Swans are traveling well. Should be OK.

Gold Coast Away. Sydney's biggest danger here is over-confidence. The Swans must avoid being the first visiting team to lose at Carrara. Don't be be surprised that the first half is particularly tough. Sydney's greater experience and body strength should prevail in the second half.

Fremantle Home. The Dockers were at their peak last year when they won their first game in Sydney for over 14 years. They have slipped since then, and the Swans have marginally improved. Sydney will need a match fit Mummy back however, (along with an in-form Seaby), to match Sandilands.

Bulldogs Home. Their last three games, (including the narrow semi final loss at the MCG), point to a pendulum swing back to Sydney. My hope is that the Dogs are not completetely out of the running for the 8, whereupon they might be more relaxed than the Swans.

Moving into August/September, realistically, the only game that Sydney has no chance is Geelong at the Cattery. Consequently, up to four more wins are foreseeable.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    With Freo, Sandilands has re-injured his toe and if it's as bad as it was the first time round he will miss 4 weeks which would see him miss the fame against us. They are such a different team without him - I reckon they drop from top 4 chances to fringe of the top 8

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Adelaide Away. Until last year a real boogie side for the Swans......
    Because we hadn't beaten them since the 70's ??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Because we hadn't beaten them since the 70's ??
    Rock on dude...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Moving into August/September, realistically, the only game that Sydney has no chance is Geelong at the Cattery.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Didn't we go through this kind of thinking before the Collingwood game? And look what happened last night - we ended up kicking more goals than them.

Attitude is everything. I prefer to see Round 23 as an opportunity to get our first win at the Cattery since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Didn't we go through this kind of thinking before the Collingwood game? And look what happened last night - we ended up kicking more goals than them.

Attitude is everything. I prefer to see Round 23 as an opportunity to get our first win at the Cattery since 1999.
    You tipped us to lose against Melbourne, Essendon and West Coast in the first 3 rounds, now you are taking people to task for not tipping us to beat Collingwood and the Cats at sleepy hollow.

Go figure...

Swans will win 6 of the next 9
    up the guts

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    You tipped us to lose against Melbourne, Essendon and West Coast in the first 3 rounds, now you are taking people to task for not tipping us to beat Collingwood and the Cats at sleepy hollow.

Go figure...
    There you go again...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Like all Swans supporters I have my hopes ahead for an undefeated period for the calender month of July, leaving them with the second bye, on 11 wins 5 losses and a draw.

Adelaide Away. Until last year a real boogie side for the Swans. That great victory early last season where Ben McGlynn starred, threw away the stigma. This season, the Crows are playing poorly and the Swans are traveling well. Should be OK.

Gold Coast Away. Sydney's biggest danger here is over-confidence. The Swans must avoid being the first visiting team to lose at Carrara. Don't be be surprised that the first half is particularly tough. Sydney's greater experience and body strength should prevail in the second half.

Fremantle Home. The Dockers were at their peak last year when they won their first game in Sydney for over 14 years. They have slipped since then, and the Swans have marginally improved. Sydney will need a match fit Mummy back however, (along with an in-form Seaby), to match Sandilands.

Bulldogs Home. Their last three games, (including the narrow semi final loss at the MCG), point to a pendulum swing back to Sydney. My hope is that the Dogs are not completetely out of the running for the 8, whereupon they might be more relaxed than the Swans.

Moving into August/September, realistically, the only game that Sydney has no chance is Geelong at the Cattery. Consequently, up to four more wins are foreseeable.
    Yeeaah! I'd like to see us get down and boogie with all these sides!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'll be very disappointed if we don't win all 4, but at very least we must win 3 of those games. We have a reasonably kind draw across the rest of the year, and if we can keep winning all the games we should, then imo we should finish 5th and get a 1st week home final. Top 4 is out of the question unless one of Carlton or Hawthorn really do fall apart over the 2nd half of the season, which looks very unlikely. If we play with intensity and put in real effort like last night every week, then we will win the next 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    There you go again...
    Pointing out your hypocricy ???

Guilty as charged....

On the Rookie List
    What we saw last night with their endeavour was very good. It was a great effort to kick more goals than Collingwood. If they can continue to apply that intensity and lift our skill level to that which showed against the Lions we'll win more than we lose.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast