Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A strong July ahead?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Let's hope that Neil Craig isn't fired in the next few days. You always fear the new coach effect

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Let's hope that Neil Craig isn't fired in the next few days. You always fear the new coach effect
    Perhaps we could counter it by hiring him immediately (tongue in cheek here). I think he's a good coach.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Narf!
    It's true, but!

Far from being NARF, I actually think it's pretty darn admirable what we have managed to do to stay in the top six.

People tend to only focus on the downside of not bottoming out, i.e. not getting access to high draft picks, but there is an upside too, it means that if we do happen to have a very good year (by our standards), we're suddenly back in top 4 contention again. Of course, this year hasn't been that year for us, and we still don't have the class of the current top 4, but what it means is that the Swans are a very effective barometer of where the competition is at, in that we'll tend to place higher in the weaker years but slip back a little bit (but still in the mix for the top 8) in the stronger years. Which is not a bad place to be, all things considered. We just need to make sure we keep improving and are ready to take our opportunities when the competition is more open.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123