Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles claim a top 4 scalp...

The Eagles claim a top 4 scalp...

36 point win over Carlton at Etihad.

Wouldn't surprise me if we meet them in the finals...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We softened them up

I suppose we should be cheering for the eagles to take carlton's spot in the top four so we can add a top four scalp and remove two losses from that tally
    Last edited by ugg; 26th June 2011 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We softened them up

I suppose we should be cheering for the eagles to take carlton's spot in the top four so we can add a top four scalp and remove two losses from that tally
    That's cheating!

Well it all depends on how you define it. Do you count Essendon as top 4 scalp since they were top 4 when we beat them?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    A team is often flat a week after playing The Swans. Eagles were chock full.of confidence today. Cats will bring them back to earth.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Well it all depends on how you define it. Do you count Essendon as top 4 scalp since they were top 4 when we beat them?
    It's an interesting question, isn't it? At what part of the season does beating a top 4 side mean something? It appears to carry more weight after the middle part of the season.

Anyway back to his game. I wasn't being facetious when I said we softened them up. Having Robinson and Curnow out for this match (no doubt very sore) meant they missed the hardness around the contests which allowed Kerr and then Priddis to dominate. It also helped that Jamison was injured which aided the Eagles' tall forwards

Anyway back to his game. I wasn't being facetious when I said we softened them up. Having Robinson and Curnow out for this match (no doubt very sore) meant they missed the hardness around the contests which allowed Kerr and then Priddis to dominate. It also helped that Jamison was injured which aided the Eagles' tall forwards
    Well, if that's the case, the Hawks might be in with a show next Sunday against Collingwood. Should be a huge game.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Well, if that's the case, the Hawks might be in with a show next Sunday against Collingwood. Should be a huge game.
    Interesting thought. In fact, if they had all their personnel, I'd give the Hawks a chance.
    I suspect a lot of teams will be studying what we did (besides the physical grinding down).
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

The Eagles have done it again, with the HUGE scalp of the Cats! Wish we could beat a real top 4 side like that...

they deserve top 4 too the way they have been playing.

.... have the drug testers been to visit the budgies??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast