Thread: Swans Official Website

Swans Official Website

I am a bit concerned with the slowness of the staff to update the official website. i go there for information but the injury list still hasn't been updated, the article quotes & linked here from the SMH was not there etc. Often times we get better injury info here at RWO than on the official site.

I have often thought about this. I assume that only a small percentage of fans are that fanatical that they constantly need information about the Swans. The larger membership base, i think, would not be searching for such things on the hour, by the hour. This is why sites such as RWO exist. To cater for us lunatics. As long as we look after each other right here, everything will be fine.

On the specifics of injury lists, I can only assume that Clubs tend to be a bit coy about injuries so early in the week for many reasons. One being opposing clubs garnering useful information, and second, specifics of injuries over the Weekend aren't always known by the Tuesday.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I am a bit concerned with the slowness of the staff to update the official website. i go there for information but the injury list still hasn't been updated, the article quotes & linked here from the SMH was not there etc. Often times we get better injury info here at RWO than on the official site.
    Not sure why you would expect articles and quotes from the SMH to appear on the Swans own website. Surely it would make sense to look at the SMH website for those.

And in terms of injury list updates, I suspect they deliberately wait until the middle of the week so they can assess them properly. I think the Swans TV clip with Matt Cameron normally appears on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

The improvements in the quantity and quality of the content on the official website has improved astronomically over the past year and a bit. I would have thought it was something that should give us almost no cause to whinge.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Definitely has improved in the past year not to mention their increased profile on social media. Re SMH quotes from today's paper they are from the usual press conference held on Monday and as far as I can recall they've put them up on Swanstv every week. If of course he journo has directly interviewed the coach or player then you can't expect the swans site to have footage of it

In terms of updates, Tuesday is usually the day to check. Reserves report with Henry Playfair, injury update with physio Matt Cameron (all clubs update on Tuesday and this has been the case for a while so I'm not sure why youre suddenly complaining now). Thursday has the coaches call with John Longmire which we didn't have last year; gives insight into the ins and outs

I agree that the website has improved out of sight in the past couple of years. I occasionally go for a bit of a look-see around the other clubs' official websites and none I have seen have nearly the content we do - though I admit I don't have the same care factor in the content.

That said, I understand the club is always open to feedback so why not send them your suggestions for improvement?

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/event...611&orgid=1752
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas