Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Suns

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Yeah, he did play in the ruck a fair bit and he did get the ball moving forward on occasion. But he didn't take one contested mark all night (that I can remember), and for a guy of his size and skill, he should be far more involved and dominant against a team like Adelaide.
    You're right, he didn't take a contested mark at all- but he wasn't the lone ranger in that regard, starting to go over the stats it looks like only 14 of the 44 players involved last night took a contested mark (20 taken overall, 3 players took multiple marks). I know it was against a poor team, but I'm sure I recall the commentators mentioning at some point that Rutten was on Goodes when he went forward unless White went into the forward line as well, in which case Rutten was taking White instead of Goodes; so yes against a poor team, but if he was drawing Rutten when in the forward line he wasn't exactly on a poor opponent in his time there.

Adelaide ran with two legit sized ruckmen and the conditions would have made it pretty difficult as an undersized ruckman at any stoppage- if you're trying to hold position and the ground is soggy and giving way it goes to all strength to hold off your opponent, if both opposition ruckmen have 2-3 inches on you that's not easy and you'll tire pretty quickly.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I don't agree at all with the drop Jetta calls.

I thought his first half tonight was the best half of footy he's played all year. He certainly tapered off in the second half, but overall I thought he was much improved and look forward to seeing him on a dry track again.
    I have to agree, I see no real reason to drop him after that effort. I thought he looked great in the first half.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I found it hard to tell watching the game on tele, but for those calling for White's head did he actually spend a lot of time in the forward line? I haven't looked at stats (so he probably only got 1 touch!) but I thought his around the ground work in the ruck was relatively involved and okay for a second week in a row.
    I agree with you, his role last night was as the backup ruckman. With Mummy coming back and Seaby holding his own for a few weeks now there's no spot for Jesse.

Ins:
    Jack
    Mumford
    TDL
    Malceski
    Smith

Outs:
    Parker
    Everitt
    Bird (inj)
    White
    LRT
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I agree with you, his role last night was as the backup ruckman. With Mummy coming back and Seaby holding his own for a few weeks now there's no spot for Jesse.
    Yep, I'd agree with that- I think he's been fine as a backup ruckman the last couple of weeks but Mummy/Seaby is the ruck combo to go with. I got the impression that some folks may have thought Jesse being dropped would open up a permanent forward spot for someone to come into.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Ins:
    Jack
    Mumford
    TDL
    Malceski
    Smith

Outs:
    Parker
    Everitt
    Bird (inj)
    White
    LRT
    I thought Parker was Ok, a little harsh to drop him in my opinion, Bevan on the other hand offers very little and should be dropped.

Bevan needs to go, he is not going to a part of the future and will be gone end of this year or next so why play him? Better to be putting games into someone like TDL to see if he can cut it in the ones on a consistent basis. Give him 3 or 4 weeks and a chance to cement his place if he is good enough

Ins:
    Jack
    Mumford
    ROHAN
    Smith
    Mal if not injured still?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Ins:
    Jack
    Mumford
    ROHAN
    Smith
    Mal if not injured still?
    Rohan apparently did his hammie in the ressies yesterday.

What's happening with Big Mike? I thought his injury was only a three/four weeker, but it seems like he's been out forever............

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Rohan apparently did his hammie in the ressies yesterday.

What's happening with Big Mike? I thought his injury was only a three/four weeker, but it seems like he's been out forever............
    Pyke played in the reserves last week but got injured again. Not sure how serious though.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

can we pop in Sharrod Wellingham as a new outside midfielder for the Swans ???

Eddie........Lock it in !

The guy has only turned 22 and played 70 games since being recruited only in the rookie draft !!

just the player we could do with !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I don't think Jetta will go after a pretty good game, but hopefully in the dry he can be more consistant over 4 q. Mummy coming back means we have to play 2 ruckmen until he gets back to match fitness so I guess we will be picking Seaby at FF next week, Jack comes in for Parker(harsh but a fact of life), I noticed Ted go out of the game a bit after half time, did he get injured? If TDL comes in for Bevan we lose out on the press as Bevan is better defensively and would we be calling for his head if we had won the game off his mark and goal. WHITE: OUT, EVERITT: OUT, and if Bird is injured, play Parker in a run with role. I don't believe the Suns will be the pushover some people think, Ablett has beaten us single handed b4, and with Jack having missed so much footy, who will play on him? it's all a dilemma to me
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast