Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Pyke played in the reserves last week but got injured again. Not sure how serious though.
    Bugger....... I love Big Mike and at least (unlike young Mr White) he actually competes.
    Well, after reading your wonderful ressies report Al, Spang might be my new hope, strut and all!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Ins:
    Jack
    Mumford
    TDL
    Malceski
    Smith

Outs:
    Parker
    Everitt
    Bird (inj)
    White
    LRT
    I thought Parker was pretty good & at least he put his body into the contest unlike some of our more experienced players who seemed happy to play ourider. Agree with the rest but I would drop Benny as I think he was woeful last night, tried haed but nothing is working for him at the moment. Parker spent quite a lot of time on the bench too. Is Mummy ready? Is Kieran Ready? Is Mal Ready? I think Mummy needs a game in the 2's to get his rythm back before coming into the firsts as he has been out for 6 weeks. Spanger to come in too. If Mal & Kieran don't come up Nipper & Byran in!

Regular in the Side
    If all are fit i would like.
    Spanger for White , give him a try. All the ressie watchers say he puts in and is a GOOD kick for goal.
    Jack for Bird (inj)
    Malceski for Kennelly, he gives as more drive now days.
    Smith for LRT. We can't have too many talls in the back line and Spanger will be the forward/ruck.
    TDL for bevan, while Bevan tries hard TDL is a goal kicker and he can be part of the future of the club.
    LJ for Everitt, to me Everitt looks happy just to get a game and is not up to it while Roos has said that LJ is the best kick at the club and i think he should be given a good run in the main team. Also he plays back and forward so he gets the nod that Everitt has been getting for versatility.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Jetta out pace with no brains.......is just pace!
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    If all are fit i would like.
    Spanger for White , give him a try. All the ressie watchers say he puts in and is a GOOD kick for goal.
    Jack for Bird (inj)
    Malceski for Kennelly, he gives as more drive now days.
    Smith for LRT. We can't have too many talls in the back line and Spanger will be the forward/ruck.
    TDL for bevan, while Bevan tries hard TDL is a goal kicker and he can be part of the future of the club.
    LJ for Everitt, to me Everitt looks happy just to get a game and is not up to it while Roos has said that LJ is the best kick at the club and i think he should be given a good run in the main team. Also he plays back and forward so he gets the nod that Everitt has been getting for versatility.
    +1 You had me a 'good kick for goal'! Great ins looking towards the future...

I can't believe the drop LRT calls are still coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I don't agree at all with the drop Jetta calls.

I thought his first half tonight was the best half of footy he's played all year. He certainly tapered off in the second half, but overall I thought he was much improved and look forward to seeing him on a dry track again.
    Thought Jetta was terrific in the first half, had a real dig. Did anyone notice Jetta's beautiful torp in the first quarter - which actually lead to a scoring opportunity - someone show Goodesy that next time we play in the wet, as opposed to his fancy @@@@ that got us nowhere last night.

Give The Spang a week or two more in the reserves - a solitary great performance in a 20+ goal win does not necessarily earn a call up to the seniors IMO.

Drop Bevan. Just drop him. Please.

And if TDL isn't in this week I'm leaving.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought Jetts was pretty good too. Loved the bit when he went streaming down the wing, burned off an opponent and then fell plum on his backside. Still managed to get a constructive handball away though.

If the bottom 5 are dropped and the 5 topish players come in, as with anyone, it's a completely different team.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 4th July 2011 at 05:07 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Everitt
    White
    Bevan
    Jetta

in that order.

Jetta is OK, but I think what he offers is detracted by his weaknesses....Bevan was OK too, but we have better.

Thought Parker was excellent considering his experience. Alot of his influence wasn't picked up in stats, but dropped away towards the end.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

McGlynn has been deadset rubbish for 3 weeks straight now!!!!
    Out: McGlynn In: TDL

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Everitt
    White
    Bevan
    Jetta

in that order.

Jetta is OK, but I think what he offers is detracted by his weaknesses....Bevan was OK too, but we have better.

Thought Parker was excellent considering his experience. Alot of his influence wasn't picked up in stats, but dropped away towards the end.
    Agree. Whenever we pick these 4 we effectively play with 18 players.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast