• Suns - between 20 and 39 points

1 3.23%
  • Suns - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 16 - Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    This.

Would actually be quite funny if it wasn't costing us games. Sheedy must be loving it.
    The prevailing wisdom that TDL will come in and kick us to victory is just wrong. Does he deserve a spot?? I now believe he's done enough but he's not going to be panacea for all our ills. I do believe that people see 12 goals and automatically assume that he'll do the same at AFL level. Wish it were true but it's not going to happen. He'll be an important part of our forward line going forward but what we really need is a power forward (Please Jesse step up) that allows the small forwards of the world to do their thing.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

We're a proud club and I'd imagine the boys will be hurting a bit after last weeks poor performance. The Suns will be competitive with us for awhile but we should kick away and record a comfortable win.

Swans by 45
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

if they dont win then dont bother coming back home!
    Theres not much left to say

I reckon after last weeks upset loss and just our general s*** playing we will bounce back and give them a caning

We will probably get caned in the centre clearances department ( the Suns are actually doing really well in this department, clearly we aren't) , but we should be able to defend well against their forwards , and we should be able to kick goals against their defenders. We should win by 7 goals or so, but this would mean we'd have to keep the suns to 4 ( intended as joke, but painfully true)

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I reckon after last weeks upset loss and just our general s*** playing we will bounce back and give them a caning
    My thoughts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The prevailing wisdom that TDL will come in and kick us to victory is just wrong.
    I don't think anyone thinks he's going to come in and kick 10, but most would think he would come in and kick 2 or 3...or if he has a good day 4 or 5. Take some focus off the other forward options and provide some chances up forward for others. Who else on the list can do that?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks he's going to come in and kick 10, but most would think he would come in and kick 2 or 3...or if he has a good day 4 or 5. Take some focus off the other forward options and provide some chances up forward for others. Who else on the list can do that?
    Did he do this in the 2 games played against the Tigers and Brisbane?

TDL has had issues with fitness and work rate and I fully support the coaches in what they are trying to do with him. I've seen with own eyes his improvement in both these areas which I give him credit for. I think he should be picked this week but with the guys coming back from injury I'm not sure whether he will be. Most probably against Freo at the SCG.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    + 1. Besides, I'm going along so they'll want to put on a show.

On the Rookie List
    I dont even want to think about the possibility of dropping this game....like others though I am nervous. I think back to how the suns played against geelong up there a few weeks back, they were on fire in the first half. They couldnt run out the game of course but if they can somehow put 4 qts together playing like that we are in for a tough night. It is a must win game for us in the context of the finals etc, I think we can get the job done by about 5 goals.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    A disquieting statistic in this morning's SMH, especially considering who we're playing this weekend.

Apparently, we've had more goal-less quarters than any other team this season - 6. The next-worse team in this regard are the Suns, with 5.

To have so many goal-less quarters like that is just plain unacceptable. I hope it doesn't haunt us on Saturday night...
    I can assure you without looking at stats we would lead this stat for the last 10 years. It is what aggreivates me the most watching the Swans. The amount of qtrs i have sat through and we haven't kicked a goal, even when we are dominating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12