0 0%
  • Suns - between 20 and 39 points

1 3.23%
  • Suns - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 16 - Gold Coast

Round 16 - Gold Coast

Well, if there was ever a game with the word "danger" written all over it, it would have to be this Saturday night against Gold Coast.

I've been uneasy about this round ever since our unexpected loss to the Suns in the NAB Cup. Yes, that was only the pre-season, but still...

Putting aside our structural problems up front, we suddenly have a few key players struggling with injuries. Nick Smith's absence against the Crows really hurt. We don't have as much depth as you'd think.

We should win but I'm not that confident. Swans by a couple of goals.

The reason I am concerned is that the Suns have been playing decent football but in patches, generally fading in the 3rd quarter. Sound familiar?

GC at home is going to be a massive test for us dont worry. Our failure to kick 100+ scores always keeps the opposing team yapping at the heels. Like you, I have been concerned about this since the start if the year. I don't know if this is a true statement but it seems as though certain teams really grow an extra leg when they are due to play Sydney. We need some key guys to really step up this week.

Senior Player
    It's "the fear that dare not speak its name" - the fear that if anyone could lose to GC...

In our favour:

• GC are still unable to play out 4 quarters

• Hopefully, we'll be on the rebound after last week's appalling effort

Should be a comfortable win...should be.

Blog Entries
    TDL to kick 10.

Given our erratic performance this season, I'm nervous. And (since the universe of course revolves around me) it would be so like the cosmos to allow the Suns to gel and morph into the powerhouse they are likely to become at precisely this game, whilst the Swans plan to relax and play down to the level of an easily-beatable team. JUST TO HUMILIATE ME.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    TDL to kick 10.
    In the reserves, when Longmire decides he needs a couple more weeks to work on his defensive pressure
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

A disquieting statistic in this morning's SMH, especially considering who we're playing this weekend.

Apparently, we've had more goal-less quarters than any other team this season - 6. The next-worse team in this regard are the Suns, with 5.

To have so many goal-less quarters like that is just plain unacceptable. I hope it doesn't haunt us on Saturday night...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    In the reserves, when Longmire decides he needs a couple more weeks to work on his defensive pressure
    This.

Would actually be quite funny if it wasn't costing us games. Sheedy must be loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Well, if there was ever a game with the word "danger" written all over it, it would have to be this Saturday night against Gold Coast.

I've been uneasy about this round ever since our unexpected loss to the Suns in the NAB Cup. Yes, that was only the pre-season, but still...

Putting aside our structural problems up front, we suddenly have a few key players struggling with injuries. Nick Smith's absence against the Crows really hurt. We don't have as much depth as you'd think.

We should win but I'm not that confident. Swans by a couple of goals.
    I think that was a selection mistake as i don't think Everritt should have come in. If we needed to replace a mid/tagger why not try Byron Sumner as he is going really well in the resies.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    TDL to kick 10.
    If they select him Scott, he might be kicking 10 in the resies again the way Longmire is talking. He gave no indication when asked about TDL that he would be picked. He said the comp was poor & it was no indication of form. I am a bit nervous he won't be picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    A disquieting statistic in this morning's SMH, especially considering who we're playing this weekend.

Apparently, we've had more goal-less quarters than any other team this season - 6. The next-worse team in this regard are the Suns, with 5.

To have so many goal-less quarters like that is just plain unacceptable. I hope it doesn't haunt us on Saturday night...
    just to top it off we kick the least goals on average 11/game

It's like Everitt has a nominal game target signed into his contract!

"Clause 15c - Andrejs must play, at a minimum, 15 Senior Games of regular Season football through each year of his contract, barring injury." How is he getting game this much game time? Contributing 3/5th's of sweet FA week after week.

I'm scared for Saturday night. However, normally when I am scared they surprise me and play well!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast