Thread: Time On Ground

Senior Player

Time On Ground

Have spent a fair bit of time looking at comments on this board about White's lack of input to the Adelaide game. Seemed to me he did a number of good things but not enough of them. Then I had a look at the stats and realised that Horse only had him on the park for 54% of the game (8 posessions @ 75% plus hitouts).

Then I noticed that LRT was only on for 35% of the game (7 possessions plus hitouts). That means we were effectively down to 2 players for rotations (they played less tha a game between the 2 of them).

So, WTF is going on with the coaches? What part of the weather report is it that they don't understand? It was known well in advance that it was going to be wet. So why play our most notorious wet weather no hopers on such a night and back them up with a sub who also doesn't perform in the wet? We had lost this game before we started. Bad coaching selection IMHO! Amateurish.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think you read LRT's TOG stat wrongly - it's 97% according to RWO stats RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

Very surprised that Jesse only had 54% game time, it's probably a reflection that we went into too tall for the wet conditions.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think you read LRT's TOG stat wrongly - it's 97% according to RWO stats RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

Very surprised that Jesse only had 54% game time, it's probably a reflection that we went into too tall for the wet conditions.
    My source was ProStats. Would be interesting to get to the bottom of it!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Not the first time we have been duded at the selection table this year !! White seems to play games in herendous conditions when marking has been impossible carlton & Geelong @ SCG , malcho & mummy back this week ... Can't see LRT keeping his spot ... Bevan and Everett in trouble as well .. I saw TDL kicked another bag in the 2's you would think he would come into calculations .. But who knows the way the side has been picked this year

Blog Entries
    Just checked the paper.
    LRT had 97% TOG, and 35 SC points. I assume this is where you got the 35 from. It is the next column. Easy mistake to make.

I reckon Pro stats have got it wrong. I doubt LRT spent that much time on the bench.