Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Forward Trade Targets List.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Why? Because he's good? The club needs to think big here, Hall- or Lockett-big. Let's get the best. It would have been crazy to think of Roo leaving Saints even last year; now, perhaps not so crazy, and maybe even the club could see some sense in it. Who knows, but the Swans shouldn't be constraining their thinking on this. AS brilliantly as the Pies have drafted over recent years, would they have won the flag without going hard for Jolly and Ball? Likewise, with Tarrant & Krakouer. We have one competitive advantage in this competition and that's some additional salary cap wiggle room and we should be using it!
    Roughead is contracted to Hawthorn until the end of 2014.

It was a known fact Jolly wanted to move back to Melbourne, attempted to a year earlier but was unsuccessful; Collingwood just got lucky, they needed a ruckman and he fell into their lap.

Mitch Clark would be nice but word is he's heading home to Freo.

I reckon Hawkins would be the one to go for; big body suited to the full forward position we so desperately require and has plenty of potential. Give him a chance, if anyone can turn him into a star, we can.

PS. Love your work On-Baller, fantastic stuff.

I'm sure people may laugh at this considering some of the great forwards over the years, but I truly believe you need to have a very smart footy head to be a great forward. Hawkins, I believe, does not possess one. My opinion only.

Cheers nomae glad there's some interest in the thread.

Nich your spot on there,some of the best forwards of all time have seemingly been pretty thick but when it came to footy smarts were at the top of the class for sure.

Okay ive done the SANFL although admittedly i dont know a heap about most of these players,im hopeing some of our more informed posters may fill the gaps.

Would love to know a bit more about Alan Obst,Kirkby and especially Michael Wundke and Duldig just to name a few,also is Luke Jericho the guy who played for the crows,if so is he too old? I remember him being a very good player from memory although admittedly not a KPP.

Cameron Hitchcock is an interesting one too from the power,really impressed me last year what i saw of him ans seems to be kicking goals at SANFL level,surprised he hasnt played more seniors seeming how Port have been going.

*Denotes non AFL listed player.

SANFL POTENTIAL FORWARD TRADE TARGETS

Central District
    Alan Obst* Games 8 Goals 23
    Daniel Havelberg* Games 11 Goals 30

Eagles
    Adam Grocke* Games 9 Goals 17

Glenelg
    Cameron Hitchcock[Power] Games 8 Goals 18
    Ruory Kirkby* Games 13 Goals 27

North Adelaide
    Clint Alleway* Games 12 Goals 24
    Nick Gill* Games 11 Goals 21

Norwood
    Luke Jericho* Games 8 Goals 24

Panthers
    Michael Wundke* Games 12 Goals 37

Port Adelaide
    -

Sturt
    Matthew Duldig* Games 13 Goals 38

West Adelaide
    -

Senior Player
    If there is any forward that is any good and out of contract do you not think that GWS would pick them up? If you were moving to Sydney why would you go to the Swans when you could get more money from GWS?

We have the tall forwards we need. Johnston isn't being given a chance, he is given one game and then is dropped the next week. We took him at pick 12 in 2008 give him a decent run in the seniors FFS.

Sam Reid looks the goods.

I see Johnston and Reid as the two key forwards who have the potential to take us to our next flag.

There's no need to waste draft picks and money on hacks like Chris Dawes and John Anthony (who is downright awful, watched him in the WAFL last week and was bloody hopeless).

And a massive LOL to Nick Gill being mentioned. Why would we recruit a 28 year old who is known to be a spud at AFL level, when he is averaging less than two goals a game in the SANFL?

The figures for the VFKL guys are pretty low with except for Rose who is on target for the ton. I think we are developing our home grown talent in the 2's & just wait another year & it will all fall into place.

Duldig has been around for yonks & is probably at the end of his career not beginning.

I remember ( i think i remember ) when he was drafted that Johnston was supposed to be a really good pack mark, but i havent really heard anything about this since he's been at the club. Can he take a grab ? Because if not, we may need to find another forward who can. We know Reid can, and we know what TDL is capable of as a forward, but if we dont have another forward capable of pulling down some contested marks in the 50, then we're still going to struggle.

Thanks for filling me in on Duldig wolftone,and Robbo as i stated in that post i knew little about that league,i cant see how me doing this is worrying you,fair enough Gill's finished i didnt know that surely you could just say that without having to make fun of someone trying to contribute to the forum.

I personally think we need at least one or two more forwards and dont believe we have the guys presently to take us forward,bar Sam Reid.

Robbo maybe you could make some comments on the guys im about to list from the WAFL if you know anything it would be much appreciated as there looks to be a wealth of goal kickers over that way at the moment.Can you tell me anything about Broadhurst,Geappen,Del-Ollio or even what you think of Callum Wilson?

WAFL POTENTIAL FORWARD TRADE TARGETS

Claremont
    Ian RICHARDSON* Games 11 Goals 25

East Fremantle
    Brock O'BRIEN* Games 13 Goals 34
    Leith TEAKLE* Games 11 Goals 25

East Perth
    Joshua SMITH* Games 13 Goals 34

Peel Thunder
    Ryan HERRING* Games 11 Goals 25

Perth
    Matthew MOODY* Games 13 Goals 31
    Haydn BUSHER* Games 13 Goals 22

South Fremantle
    Cory DELL-OLIO* Games 13 Goals 35
    Callum WILSON [WC] Games 13 Goals 36

Subiaco
    Blake BROADHURST* Games 13 Goals 45
    Jack ANTHONY [Freo] Games 11 Goals 23

Swan Districts
    Tim GEAPPEN* Games 13 Goals 39
    Ashley HANSEN* Games 10 Goals 32

West Perth
    -
    Last edited by On-Baller; 4th July 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    The club needs to think big here, Hall- or Lockett-big. Let's get the best....We have one competitive advantage in this competition and that's some additional salary cap wiggle room and we should be using it!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    I reckon Hawkins would be the one to go for; big body suited to the full forward position we so desperately require and has plenty of potential. Give him a chance, if anyone can turn him into a star, we can.

PS. Love your work On-Baller, fantastic stuff.
    I totally agree with Giant that we need to think big about solving the forward line dilemma. Lockett and Hall not only kicked goals for us, they were major crowd-pullers. I don't know if there are any forwards like that who are available...

Tom Hawkins reminds me of a great big pussycat, so if he came to Sydney, we'd have to transform him into some sort of tom-cat.

By the way, Sam Reid - how long is he under contract with us? What happends if he wants to do an Anthony Rocca and go back to Collingwood to play with his brother?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    By the way, Sam Reid - how long is he under contract with us? What happends if he wants to do an Anthony Rocca and go back to Collingwood to play with his brother?
    Please don't even say that sort of thing! He's not a Melbournite anyway, which may help. Or what about the possibility of his brother wanting to join him here??? That would be a better scenario.

As for Lewis Johnston, I commented last year that I wished he had Jesse's height. To me he is just a few centimetres short of being a KPP monster - I hope I'm wrong on this one though and I think he'll keep improving the more senior games he gets.

Thanks for putting some thought-provoking names on here Onballer. If only my crystal ball wasn't in the shop being fixed I would pick out that next JPod that everyone hopes they can unearth....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Please don't even say that sort of thing! He's not a Melbournite anyway, which may help. Or what about the possibility of his brother wanting to join him here??? That would be a better scenario.

As for Lewis Johnston, I commented last year that I wished he had Jesse's height. To me he is just a few centimetres short of being a KPP monster - I hope I'm wrong on this one though and I think he'll keep improving the more senior games he gets.

Thanks for putting some thought-provoking names on here Onballer. If only my crystal ball wasn't in the shop being fixed I would pick out that next JPod that everyone hopes they can unearth....
    Glad your liking it,and yeah youve hit the nail on the head,i dont think we will get a superstar due to if they were going to goto Sydney i believe they'd end up at GWS,i really hope im proved wrong though.

But your JPOD call is exactly what im praying for,or if not just a real hard working reliable forward who even on a bad day will kick you 2 or 3 and on their best maybe 7 or 8.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast