Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Potential Forward Trade Targets List.

We recruited Grundy as a forward and play him as a key defender (thank god in some ways..) We have Lewis Johnston, another key forward, trailing as a key defender and TDL our main attacking forward at the moment, apparently needs to become more defensive in chase and tackle...

We need to rethink how we use our current recruits and make them attacking forwards. Understand that we need to lock the ball in our forward line, over just a thought, Goodesy on wing, LJ at FF, TDL in the pocket, Sam Reid at CHF and leave them there for the rest of the season. Rotate some others through the flanks. Rest a ruckman in the pocket if needed and heaven forbid that ROK is allowed to play a game HFF....! (being an all Australian in that position and all) Nipper seems to appear in the 2nds best give him some more chances..

Take the hurt with White sell him to the highest bidder. He is not a ruck and not making it at FF!

You don't get firsts experience in Canberra!

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    We recruited Grundy as a forward and play him as a key defender (thank god in some ways..) We have Lewis Johnston, another key forward, trailing as a key defender and TDL our main attacking forward at the moment, apparently needs to become more defensive in chase and tackle...

We need to rethink how we use our current recruits and make them attacking forwards. Understand that we need to lock the ball in our forward line, over just a thought, Goodesy on wing, LJ at FF, TDL in the pocket, Sam Reid at CHF and leave them there for the rest of the season. Rotate some others through the flanks. Rest a ruckman in the pocket if needed and heaven forbid that ROK is allowed to play a game HFF....! (being an all Australian in that position and all) Nipper seems to appear in the 2nds best give him some more chances..

Take the hurt with White sell him to the highest bidder. He is not a ruck and not making it at FF!

Rod_
    Spot on Rod...Totally agree.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Just wondering if any of the people who reguarly watch the ressies have seen any talent in that league,surely some of the canberra teams must have a few good young types or they wouldnt be in that league?

Any information would be much appreciated.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Few ideas .....Lewis Johnston, Jed Lamb, Trent Dennis-Lane, Matt Spangher, Mike Pyke, Daniel Currie hey let's try out a forward line this year!
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's wrong with Ben McKinley? He started on fire at WCE and then off to Roos and now in VFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post

Rod_
    Rod please tell me you're on the match committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    What's wrong with Ben McKinley? He started on fire at WCE and then off to Roos and now in VFL.
    Yeah was wondering that myself,he seems to have kicked a few at reserves level although not massive numbers,be worth looking into if there wasnt much about.

Rob-Bloods i agree but i started this thread as a look to what may be around if at seasons end its needed,sorry if ive done something wrong just thought it would be interesting to see whats about.

Was going to do an under 18's one as well but im starting to get the picture i should stop.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    McKinley is too similar to Aarom Edwards. Both are short forwards who play tall

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cheers guys. Wasn't sure why he wasn't getting a game at the Roos and why he was traded.
    None of those names inspire me. I think we will have to uncover them ourselves and be patient.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Yeah was wondering that myself,he seems to have kicked a few at reserves level although not massive numbers,be worth looking into if there wasnt much about.

Rob-Bloods i agree but i started this thread as a look to what may be around if at seasons end its needed,sorry if ive done something wrong just thought it would be interesting to see whats about.

Was going to do an under 18's one as well but im starting to get the picture i should stop.
    Please keep it up - it's an interesting topic and it's worthy too see who's out there, u18s included. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Please keep it up - it's an interesting topic and it's worthy too see who's out there, u18s included. Thanks
    Cheers,ill take a bit more time with the under 18's and try and find out more about players such as height and whether they are kpp's.

I guess the lists ive done so far are a bit lacking,hopefully i can dig up more info on the younger prospects.

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge of the WAFL might help me out sometime as its been a real breeding ground for good forwards in the last few years and it seems there's plenty there this year too but not knowing what stage of their careers they are at or what positions i guess its hard to comment.

On the Rookie List
    Whats Chris Dawes contract situation? He may be looking to move perhaps for the right price? Also T.Cloke is their number 1 forward now. I see in an earlier post someone says he is a hack?? Far from it IMO.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast