Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Potential Forward Trade Targets List.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Roughead is contracted to Hawthorn until the end of 2014.
    So players can't be traded when they are under contract?

It was a known fact Jolly wanted to move back to Melbourne, attempted to a year earlier but was unsuccessful; Collingwood just got lucky, they needed a ruckman and he fell into their lap.
    Oh hang on a minute, wasn't Jolly contracted when he was traded? Isn't that a coincidence? Maybe we could make Roughead "fall in our lap"?

Mitch Clark would be nice but word is he's heading home to Freo.

I reckon Hawkins would be the one to go for; big body suited to the full forward position we so desperately require and has plenty of potential. Give him a chance, if anyone can turn him into a star, we can.

PS. Love your work On-Baller, fantastic stuff.
    Here's one I can agree with you on! Nice work OB!

On the Rookie List pig@fullforward's Avatar
    We should pursue Ben Reid, get in first & bring him from collingwood! Then since we have another good defender LJ can play forward!

Pushing for Selection
    at the risk of being the unpopular one here, there is a proven AFL full forward going around that would cost us only a draft pick, Brendan Fevola.

get him on bugger all salary, conditions in his contract that if he mucks up its the door. the few times that he has spoken about goal kicking he has made perfect sense and could be a perfect football tudor for Ben Reid
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by cheersquadsteve View Post
    at the risk of being the unpopular one here, there is a proven AFL full forward going around that would cost us only a draft pick, Brendan Fevola.

get him on bugger all salary, conditions in his contract that if he mucks up its the door. the few times that he has spoken about goal kicking he has made perfect sense and could be a perfect football tudor for Ben Reid
    Not sure why that would make you unpopular its just an opinion,having known Fev since i was knee high to a grass hopper living a few doors away i'd love to see him play for us.

Having said that ive seen all his games for Casey this year and he is nowhere near fit and hasnt had the attitude change that needed to happen for clubs to even consider him.

That along with what happened at the lions and the fact they had to pay him out and show him the door would scare off even the most desperate of recruiters.

Only team i could see even considering it is MAYBE Port Adelaide and even then i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheersquadsteve View Post

No, not for me. He's damaged goods i'm afraid.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Apply the same theory we did with the Big Mummy and throw a crapload of doallars at Charlie Dixon. He's 6 foot 7, moves like a cat, already knows how to take a contested clunk and will be one of the stars of the comp in 2 years. In 5 years he will be downright terrifying.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Apply the same theory we did with the Big Mummy and throw a crapload of doallars at Charlie Dixon. He's 6 foot 7, moves like a cat, already knows how to take a contested clunk and will be one of the stars of the comp in 2 years. In 5 years he will be downright terrifying.
    If GC keep all their kids they are going to be downright terrifying themselves.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If GC keep all their kids they are going to be downright terrifying themselves.
    And if they were going to get rid of some, he would be at the bottom of the list. More likely to get Jack Riewolt IMO.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    And if they were going to get rid of some, he would be at the bottom of the list. More likely to get Jack Riewolt IMO.
    Really? they have several other young KP players oozing talent. Maybe it's unlikely but we have some of those inside midfielders they are probably craving.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Really? they have several other young KP players oozing talent. Maybe it's unlikely but we have some of those inside midfielders they are probably craving.
    WIth Rischetelli, Ablett (not just inside but definitely brilliant at it), Swallow, Harris and the like, they are pretty well set for inside mids. In fact, they seem pretty much set for in most areas except experience and the endurance that comes with a few pre-seasons into their younger stars.

Rod please tell me you're on the match committee.
    I wish and we would probably drop a senior player or 2 occasionally..!

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

Absolutely no chance at all of getting Reiwoldt,none.

However GC have a wealth of good young forwards and it has been mentioned many a time in the media that they will have to offload one or 2 at seasons end so the Dixon call is spot on.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast