Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Forward Trade Targets List.

Potential Forward Trade Targets List.

Okay with a few weeks off ive filled some time today going through all clubs list's and having a look at who may be potential targets.

Im also going to try to do the same for the different state leagues ie-vfl,sanfl etc.

In the AFL targets list below ive left out the guns like Reiwoldtx2,Kennedy,Walker,Cloke etc as i cant see us snagging any of these players.

Admittedly i dont know all the players below contract details,if you do please let me know and ill remove them and also if you think ive missed any names.

AFL FORWARDS POSSIBLE TRADE TARGETS.

ADELAIDE
    Walker, Taylor

BRISBANE LIONS
    Clark, Mitchell
    Cornelius, Aaron
    Staker, Brent

CARLTON
    Henderson, Lachlan
    O'hAilpin, Setanta

COLLINGWOOD
    Dick, Brad
    Sidebottom, Steele
    Brett Eddy
    Dawes,Chris

ESSENDON
    Gumbleton, Scott
    Neagle, Jay

FREMANTLE
    Anthony, John

GEELONG
    Byrnes, Shannon
    Hawkins, Tom
    Simpson, Dawson
    Drum, Marcus

GOLD COAST
    Ablett, Nathan
    Dixon, Charlie

HAWTHORN
    Hale, David
    Roughead, Jarryd

MELBOURNE
    Howe, Jeremy
    Newton, Michael

NORTH MELBOURNE
    -

PORT ADELAIDE
    Ebert, Brett
    Schulz, Jay
    Stewart, Daniel

RICHMOND
    Morton, Mitch
    Vickery, Tyrone

ST KILDA
    Koschitzke, Justin

WEST COAST
    Darling, Jack

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Lake, Brian
    Roughead, Jordan
    Hahn, Mitch
    Last edited by On-Baller; 4th July 2011 at 02:10 PM.

Pushing for Selection
    Chris Dawes is out of contract I believe, we should throw a lot of money at him.

A forward line spearheaded by Dawes and Reid for the next 8 - 10 years would be fantatstic.

Thanks ive added him,although i cant see the pies letting him go or him wanting to leave Collingwood for the Swans,maybe GWS for massive dollars.
    Interestingly ive just heard on SEN that Dawe's will miss 4-6 weeks with broken knuckles.

Suspended by the MRP
    Dawes aint going no where, cross him of the list.

Thanks for the effort On baller...
    Unfortunately looking through this list isn't really exciting me, plenty of dead weight.
    According to Mike Shehan, Hawkins is on the Swans shopping list.
    I hope not.
    I'd prefer Dawes.
    But neither look like game breakers to me.
    Maybe someone from the other leagues will emerge.
    Look forward to seeing your list of those candidates.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Would like Jarryd Roughead but seriously doubt that he would be available
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Thanks for the effort On baller...
    Unfortunately looking through this list isn't really exciting me, plenty of dead weight.
    According to Mike Shehan, Hawkins is on the Swans shopping list.
    I hope not.
    I'd prefer Dawes.
    But neither look like game breakers to me.
    Maybe someone from the other leagues will emerge.
    Look forward to seeing your list of those candidates.
    Interestingly Chris Scott said over the weekend that the cats have asked Wayne Carey to mentor Hawkins. I guess its a last ditch effort to see if they can get something out of him and if not put him up for trade.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Would like Jarryd Roughead but seriously doubt that he would be available
    Why? Because he's good? The club needs to think big here, Hall- or Lockett-big. Let's get the best. It would have been crazy to think of Roo leaving Saints even last year; now, perhaps not so crazy, and maybe even the club could see some sense in it. Who knows, but the Swans shouldn't be constraining their thinking on this. AS brilliantly as the Pies have drafted over recent years, would they have won the flag without going hard for Jolly and Ball? Likewise, with Tarrant & Krakouer. We have one competitive advantage in this competition and that's some additional salary cap wiggle room and we should be using it!

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Why? Because he's good? The club needs to think big here, Hall- or Lockett-big. Let's get the best. It would have been crazy to think of Roo leaving Saints even last year; now, perhaps not so crazy, and maybe even the club could see some sense in it. Who knows, but the Swans shouldn't be constraining their thinking on this. AS brilliantly as the Pies have drafted over recent years, would they have won the flag without going hard for Jolly and Ball? Likewise, with Tarrant & Krakouer. We have one competitive advantage in this competition and that's some additional salary cap wiggle room and we should be using it!
    You make some great points but having been going thru all the forwards the one's worth having are few and far between,ruckman and midfielders however are plentiful at the moment.I personally dont think we will get a gun but maybe a gun in the making or just an honest consistent forward would suffice.

There are also players in the VFL,Sanfl etc who may not be getting a game because they have guns in front of them but still would be better than White,LRT etc.

Vfl possible forward trade targets.

Okay ive tried to leave out the older players,but one or two i can see some value in if nothing better is available so ive left them in.

Obviously the main target for alot of clubs will be Pat Rose from Pt Melbourne,for those who haven't seen him in action he's a smaller forward,similiar build and attack at the ground level ball of Mcglynn in 2010,slightly taller though and loves a pack mark as well as being great on the lead.

Having seen Rose in person a few times this year we'd be mad not to at least have a chat to him,but as im sure some will point out he's not the KPP we need up forward but could in my opinion be a great foil for Mcglynn and make it hard for both of them to get a gun smaller defender/tagger each week.

Of the rest Mckinley and Edwards from North interest me,i know theyve both been hit and miss but if there's nothing better available still better options than what we already have,bar Read.

Brett Eddy of Collingwood looks a good prospect and although he's had his knockers at the Dee's having seen big Michael Newton play fit for a couple of games earlier this season he still is an awesome pack mark and has alot of upside if he could actually stay on the park.

Pity that it seems Jarrod grant has come good at last for the dogs as im sure he would of been trade bait later this year if not,could be a potential gun.

*Denotes non AFL club listed players.

VFL FORWARD TRADE TARGETS

Bendigo Bombers [Dons Ressies]
    Tory Dickson * Games 11 Goals 30
    Justin Maddern* Games 4 Goals 14
    Matthew Little* Games 11 Goals 38

Box Hill Hawks [Hawthorn Ressies]
    Jordan Lisle Games 8 Goals 20

Casey Scorpions [Dees Ressies]
    Brendan Fevola* Games 8 Goals 19
    Michael Newton Games 4 Goals 14

Coburg Tigers [Richmond Ressies]
    -

Collingwood
    Brett Eddy Games 8 Goals 21

Frankston [Stand Alone]
    Luke Clark* Games 10 Goals 21

Geelong
    Mitchell Brown Games 8 Goals 20

North Ballarat [Roos Ressies]
    Aaron Edwards Games 4 goals 18
    Derick Micallef* Games 12 Goals 21

Northern Bullants [Blues Ressies]
    Ahmed Saad* Games 11 Goals 24
    Lachie Henderson Games 8 Goals 17

Port Melbourne [Stand Alone]
    Dean Galea* Games 10 Goals 33
    PATRICK ROSE* Games 11 Goals 51

Sandringham [Saints Ressies]
    Michael Lourey* Games 11 Goals 25

Werribee Tigers [NthMlb Ressies]
    Ben Mckinley Games 9 Goals 29
    Robert Castello* Games 12 Goals 31

Williamstown [Dogs Ressies]
    Jarrad Grant Games 4 Goals 16
    Last edited by On-Baller; 4th July 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Super work onballer good write up , reckon of the first list the only bloke worth getting ( or we have a chance of getting is mitch Clarke ), of the second VFL list I can only speak of the port guys because I watch them most weeks - gelea is a very good VFL player but think he would struggle at AFL level , Rose is a star, super footy brain would be a great fit in a top 4 side where he wouldn't get the best defender each week ..

Cheers RBS1,yeah ive seen port a few times this year live and on the abc,im struggling to find anywhere online that lists Rose's height dont suppose you would have any idea?

Im positive he's not a KPP but plays very tall for his size,mind you it's always hard to tell unless your standing next to the bloke.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast