Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fulltime. Goal after the siren completes the rout. Swans 9.8-62 Suns 21.15-141

Goals
    Everitt 3
    White 2
    Nipper
    A.Moody
    McNeil
    Sumner

Senior Player
    Seems they were missing a certain key goal kicker...

What did Nipper do?

geez... that's a pretty emphatic first loss for the ressies! The margin is quite surprising.

Hope tonight's score is better

Veteran Site Admin
    Well, that became horrid. I know they were a few players down but not enough to explain how insipid a performance that was. Very hard to pick any players who could be described as decent. Jesse might get my vote as least awful. Seaby was passable. Everitt look a few marks. Now I am really struggling to think of any positives. Ok, maybe Bevo wasn't too bad.

Max needs another haircut. LJ was very ordinary even before taking a knock to his knee which made him lame for most of second half. McNeil not up to usual busy standard. Sumner did a few good things but was in and out of game.

Not sure what happened to Nipper. Evaporated from game and was seen running around boundary at half time, quite fast, not obviously injured. Took no part in second half.

Am I right in thinking Moore, no TDL, no Spang, no Parker? Big surprise? Only the margin really, but still - ouch! Helps to remind myself that the ressies are there to feed the senior team but it feels a bit like we've eaten our young today. :-(

Anyone know how Lamb's recovery is going?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Am I right in thinking Moore, no TDL, no Spang, no Parker? Big surprise? Only the margin really, but still - ouch! Helps to remind myself that the ressies are there to feed the senior team but it feels a bit like we've eaten our young today. :-(

Anyone know how Lamb's recovery is going?
    No Meredith. No Currie. No Nipper for most of game.

Massive turnaround from there rd 7 clash. Thought maybe the fine GC weather may have motivated our boys - thought that the ins may have offset the outs.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Well, talk about a reality check, the reality being that about a quarter of the usual team wasn't playing. Back to earth with a thud.
    I'll be interested to see what the watchers can tell.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ... Jesse might get my vote as least awful.....
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ... Max needs another haircut...
    The reverse Samson effect? Maybe Dyl does as well (though I wasn't there today - just assuming it's still longish). His form was good while he had all his curls cut short.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Corresponds with liz's thoughts

Sydney Swans
    Goal Kickers: A. EVERITT 3, J. WHITE 2, N. GORDON , B. SUMNER , D. MCNEIL , E. MOODY
    Best Players: M. SEABY, J. WHITE, B. SUMNER, D. MCNEIL

I'm curious how the younger players and the toppies looked in a side that was under the pump, and under manned for a change.

It's easy to look good on the right side of a 12 goal score line, as they have all season, but it's how you respond in games like this, that gives a better indication of what sort of character you have as a player ... this kind of game, in the middle of this sort of season, tends to expose any downhill skiers ...?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast