Thread: Trams to the SCG

Trams to the SCG

Sounds good. Finally a commitment to fix the mess that is public transport in Sydney and getting in and out of the SCG on game day.

BARRY O'Farrell has committed to making a start on a light rail line through the city to the sporting grounds at Randwick and Fox Studios in this term of government.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226091040649

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    What's wrong with a walk from Central or the existing buses.
    Will believe it when it actually commences.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Anzac Parade was originally designed to be wide enough for trams, so if they can extend the light rail network from Central out to UNSW, good.

Personally, I think building a rail line to the north-west is far more important at the moment than re-viving inner city trams.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Barry's planning that too Cheer Squad. Whether it comes to fruition is a different matter altogether as us folks in the NW have come to realise over the years.

$7.50 each way, probably.

(includes carbon tax)
    -

Regular in the Side
    Would be great to catch the tram all the way from Pyrmont. I often walk but when you've just done a trip up the freeway from Canberra time can be of a premium.

It will not cost $7.50 each way (unless the Liberals take as long as the former mob to build it)

Puh.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Farrell
    ...a feasibility study into the line will be done within 12 months and "we will see light rail built in this city."
    Bob Carr was the master at announcing things infinite times. Once to say we're thinking of doing it. One to say we're launching a study. Once to leak a prelim report of the study. One to say the study is done and the results are out soon. One when the results are out (if good, skip if not). One to launch a wider study/town hall discussion. One when work starts. One when the corridor is cleared. One when...

You get the point, and so did politicians. It always looked like something positive was being done. Every subsequent one has followed in his step, and Barry's doing the same thing.

I'm with Glenn: I'll believe it when I see it.
    10100111001 ;-)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Barry's planning that too Cheer Squad. Whether it comes to fruition is a different matter altogether as us folks in the NW have come to realise over the years.
    I can clearly remember that being something talked about when I was growing up out there... through the 80s!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time