Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rohan signs 3 year deal

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    This Gary Rohan interview which is linked from the RWO Wiki confirms as I suspected that he signed for 3 years at the start, rather than the standard obligatory 2 year draftee contract. If memory serves me correct we speculated on RWO that the Swans moved quickly because a 2 year contract would see him come out of contract this year, smack bang in GWS' window (even tho they have the same concessions next year).

I'd love to see that he signed for a further 3 years again, but it would be a real surprise if he was doing all that stuff when he's still got 18 months to go on his current contract.
    I must admit I am sceptical - not that there was a piece in the Daily Telegraph but that it is true. Extending a contract out for a further 3 years would be an incredibly high risk both for Gary - who will be currently getting paid primarily on potential and with a CBA in progress - and for the club, for a player who is still very raw and far from a sure thing.

Would seem likely that someone at the Tele heard something about an initial 3 year contract and got himself a bit mixed up. A one year extension, to take him beyond the reaches of the GWS recruitment concessions would make sense for the club, though maybe not for Gary himself, given the money GWS has to throw around over the next couple of seasons.

Regular in the Side
    The heraldsun did make the point that he was now out of GWS's reach so what people are saying about a 3 year deal instead of a 2 year one to start his time with the Swans sounds right.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It was mentioned in one of the other threads, but probably deserves a thread of it's own!!
    Terrific News
    Agreed, though it's looking like time for an apostrophe refresher session all round.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Agreed, though it's looking like time for an apostrophe refresher session all round.
    Haha yes!

But let's reverse here; we still have no online source of this? If it were true (which I hope it is), wouldn't it be all over the Swans website?

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Haha yes!

But let's reverse here; we still have no online source of this? If it were true (which I hope it is), wouldn't it be all over the Swans website?
    Not really. Not every new contract signed is advertised to the supporters/public. I would be surprised if the Herald Sun would run it in the paper and not have a solid source for it. In the whole scheme of football news down in Melbourne, for them to run a story on Gary signing you would think they would have the correct info.

It was in the HS last week, not an article by one of the main footy journos (just a one paragraph piece in the Confidential? page in the sport section).

It did read as though it was an extra 3 years - perhaps they meant a 2-year extension on top of the current deal which expires next year. GWS are still in the mix at the end of 2012, so it makes sense we'd want to extend his current contract sooner rather than later.

But it is surprising nothing has been mentioned anywhere else.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Not really. Not every new contract signed is advertised to the supporters/public. I would be surprised if the Herald Sun would run it in the paper and not have a solid source for it. In the whole scheme of football news down in Melbourne, for them to run a story on Gary signing you would think they would have the correct info.
    Imagine a newspaper running a story without a solid source...

What I'm saying smarty is that this is not the type of story you would run not based on truth. Nothing to gain from it. Especially in a Melbourne paper about an injured second year Sydney player.

http://www.standard.net.au/news/loca...n/2238735.aspx

BOOM! Straight from Gazza's mouth.

Happy and I know it
    Excellent news!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Nich, you are amazing. I am still waiting on my subscription to the Warrnabool Standard.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now on to Reid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast