Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid's market

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    As a sidenote, we laughed when we were talking about Bruce (Ben and Sam's dad) and his career as a player. She told us he was suspended twice in his career, both times for striking. Once against Collingwood and once against the Swans...lol
    Make a good trivia night question. Nearly as good but not quite Jason Ball's history.

Should this thread be called "Marking" instead of market. I had my shopping trolley ready until I discovered no one has mentioned a market yet.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Saw Bruce Reid featured on one of the fta programmes this week; lots of blond hair. What a coincidence we get a bit of trivia to go with it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Cant help but think that collingwood will have a crack at trying to lure him to them at some stage, I really hope we can stitch him up with a long term contract, he is going to be a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Should this thread be called "Marking" instead of market. I had my shopping trolley ready until I discovered no one has mentioned a market yet.
    I thought it was about the market on him scoring 1st goal. I just had a lazy $20 on it at $15.

His ability to mark the ball is fantastic and at 19!!!!!!! Bulk him up a bit, get 50 games into him, improve his long kicking and yv got another BBH, without the agggro or the suspensions
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

She couldn't speak highly enough of the Swans and the way they had looked after both 'her boy' and the parents as well. She was loathe to criticise Collingwood, but it was plain to see that they were much more impressed with the way the Swans went about things in regards to young player management. I guess that means sfa in the long term scheme of things, but it was quite apparent that homesickness wasn't a factor.

Maybe we could get Sam's mum to talk Ben into coming up here? Get the brothers together, no home sickness then. Problem fitting him into our backline unless someone goes down
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Cant help but think that collingwood will have a crack at trying to lure him to them at some stage, I really hope we can stitch him up with a long term contract, he is going to be a very good player.
    Lure Ben to Sydney!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    A bit of advice for Reid on goal kicking from LJ in this week's Ask A Swan!

LJ and Reidy in Ask A Swan - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I keep watching it over and over and it just keeps getting better.

Big pack flies and Sam, looking huge, just flies from behind scattering players like nine pins. Comes down with the ball, clean one grab mark. Looks injured but shakes himself off and gets up.

It's what I'd call an old fashion pack mark of the type that Wayne Carey and Gary Ablett used to take. Not a a classic speccy, but a pack busting fly showing strength, judgement and timing.

This kid is seriously good. I hope he plays for us for his whole career, but whatever happens, we are going to see many more wonderful things from Sam over his career.
    The sort of mark skinny old Sean Wren used to take for Adelaide on a regular basis. The boy is good and can only get better and is turning into a star. He will get his kicking right in the end I am sure.

Cant help but think that collingwood will have a crack at trying to lure him to them at some stage
    I fear this is the biggest danger that we have with Reid, if there is a danger at all.

God I hope he stays.

Just wild about Harry
    We all know that it is illegal for another club to approach a contracted player, but of course there is nothing wrong with one brother chatting to another, so I sense big danger.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    We all know that it is illegal for another club to approach a contracted player, but of course there is nothing wrong with one brother chatting to another, so I sense big danger.
    After a season of FIGJAM the harbour city might look appealing the other way I suspect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast