Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall to retire again.

I don't boo Barry, but when he goes for goal he gets exactly the same treatment as any other opposition player.
    That said I have a huge soft spot for the big guy.

Super player and extremely underrated overall IMO.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

love barry, shame he says he is a bulldog for life and its the most fun he has had, i dunno wish he considered himself more of a swan for life.
    Theres not much left to say

Bazza, gotta love him. Have a huge soft spot for him. One of the only reasons I like watching the Bulldogs play.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Just listened to his press conference, interesting that he wants to be remembered as a bulldogs player.....you'd think after playing however many games for the swans and captaining a premiership he'd want to be remembered as a swan. There is sour grapes their obviously, hopefully one day he will change and come back to us.

His book will be mighty interesting reading, particularly for us Swan fans. It's already been written, just waiting to be released when he retires.

Not long to wait now....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Just listened to his press conference, interesting that he wants to be remembered as a bulldogs player.....you'd think after playing however many games for the swans and captaining a premiership he'd want to be remembered as a swan. There is sour grapes their obviously, hopefully one day he will change and come back to us.
    There would be no way he would admit that even if it were true : )

He's still playing for the Dogs don't forget.

Loved your work at the Swans Bazza, you've always come across as a genuinely good bloke...other than by those who've had the misfortune of marking you on field.
    One wonders if the lingering bitterness Eade has towards the Swans has rubbed off on the big fella.
    He did recruit him to the Swans after all, and both left in acrimonious circumstances.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm sure Roos isn't alone when he singles out Hall's GF goal as his most special memories of the big bloke:

"We were struggling a little bit and needed something to happen, and he marked it just on 50, went back and put it straight through.
    "It was just a magnificent kick and he gave a pump of the fist; it was just a really vivid image of what he stood for as a player."
    Hall was 'the complete package' | AFL | Fox Sports

Roos also cites Hall's tackling pressure - totally agree. Probably the thing I liked most about him.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah Baz. Glad I get a chance to say one more goodbye.
    Hopefully I won't cry like a baby like last time he "retired".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Ah Baz. Glad I get a chance to say one more goodbye.
    Hopefully I won't cry like a baby like last time he "retired".
    Same here I think I will be crying buckets - the bloke I share my birthday with and who I had the honour of having the very last ever photo taken with him at a swans function in 2009. He's in a really happy place now - he is with the lovely Sophie and he seems to have his life exactly where he wants it, no one can begrudge that. - all the best Bazza in what ever you do.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Same here I think I will be crying
    Should Jordan bring a poncho on Sat just in case.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast