0 0%
  • Lions - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Lions - 40 points or more

0 0%

Thread: Round 24 - Brisbane Lions

Round 24 - Brisbane Lions

Wow.

Where did that come from? And we weren?t even at full strength, with McVeigh being out of the side.

So glad I was there to see it!

One of the best things about the win on Saturday is the way it will help bond the playing group to each other, especially those younger players who must be part of our next premiership team. We?re going to have to really work hard to keep all of them over the next couple of years.

And it might also help motivate our fickle support base in Sydney to actually show up for this weekend?s match against the Lions at the SCG.

There is something important at stake ? we must win this game to have a chance of a home final against St. Kilda. And the Lions will make us earn it. Look at the way they pushed the Eagles, a bona-fide top 4 side.

But I don?t think we?ll let our guard slip for this one.

Swans by 26 (and c'arn the Blues!).

The timing (played before the StK match) is good for this game.

Maybe it's me, but over the years I've always thought that the Swans are masters at stuffing things up when they know the destiny eg. The sides around them all get beaten and we are playing our normal Sunday arvo game and just need to win to jump a few places, we somehow manage to put in a shocker more times than not.

They can just go out on Sat and concentrate on winning the game and hopefully if the game is well in contol in the second half, they will go on with the job knowing that percentage MAY be vital.

It appears that a big win is more likely in that scenario than knowing you MUST win by 10 goals. The pressure of that seems to be counter productive.

Just my observations over the years.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Nah we wont drop this one, not with all thats riding on it, if it was a dead rubber though then who knows. Swans by 33 to secure a home final and yes, go blues!

Well it always seems when I'm optimistic we blow it, and when I'm a doomsayer we win big ... so I'm keeping my mouth shut and voting finger away!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    Well it always seems when I'm optimistic we blow it, and when I'm a doomsayer we win big ... so I'm keeping my mouth shut and voting finger away!
    last week 14 of us said we would and 28 of you said we wouldn't. So you weren't alone. Great win for tight tipping comps.

I was worried this time last year and they iced it pretty well. I expect no different this week. Besides - Spangher has not lost a game in the red&white.

Swans by 28. After the last 2 weeks, I truly believe that we have finally turned the corner. This game is just a stepping stone for what will be an exciting next few years. Its happening again, I can feel it. Deja vu circa 2003
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Nah we wont drop this one, not with all thats riding on it,
    Ohhhh Noooooo,.......... you had to say it didn't you ?

Brisbane are better than their ladder position would suggest. They've lost 8 games by less than 3 goals, so I hope after the high against Geelong we're ready for a tough one at home.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the veteran's list
    Power and Banfield out helps. (And of course big Browny)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    Surely the "mad Monday" factor will help, particularly in the last two quarters. Wouldn't it be nice if Sydney won by 100. That would mean a close St Kilda win would still result in a home (Sydney) final.

We should be winning this comfortably, but we can't afford to be complacent. We need to go out and belt them really, so as to give ourselves a hope of getting a home final even if St Kilda win. Brisbane have played some good footy in amongst a lot of terrible footy this year - they'll be hoping to end the year on a high so it won't be easy, but we should come over the top of them reasonably easily in the 2nd half.