Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall still irked by Paul Roos rift

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    He certainly is batting above his average.

Yowsers!!
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226097875594
    ...and a nice rock on the finger as well.

Nice of Barry to wear her age on the back of his jumper....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

You're on fire this morning BBB.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I thought we already gave him a warm send off. Who is he? John Farnham?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

Lucky he's still not at the swans then!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Undoubtedly he will get some boos on Saturday afternoon - albeit from a minority of Swans fans - and will come out and have a sook about it, like he did last time. I suspect most Swans fans want to remember him fondly, despite how his time at the club ended. But if he is going to be dismissive of his time at our club, he can hardly expect any warmth to be shown towards him by Swans fans.
    Yep if he says he wants to be remembered as a bulldog then he should expect people to boo him.

2 pages from some crude put together by a News Ltd 'newspaper'.

Come on....
    -

Senior Player
    He still plays for the dogs who are paying him. He isn't going to go around saying he preferred his time in Sydney and considers himself a swan when he is about to go into battle for 8 points with them.

Give him a break.

Just wild about Harry
    I personally will wish him all the best. IMHO (and I will probably get shot down for this) I believe that our style of play never suited Baz as we always took so long to get the ball to him, by which stage he had 3 defenders hanging off him. Many is the time he threatened to lose his cool because of frustration with how the ball came to him. This is very different to what he experiences with the Dogs, so it is good that he had a couple of years playing in a style that suits him so that he can enjoy his twilight.

Having said that, nothing can change the fact that he was our premiership captain and nothing can change the fact that he ALWAYS put his body on the line for us. It was a shame that he left the way he did, but the fuse had been burning for a long time for the abovementioned reason (probably as well as others, too).

Something like this always comes up eofre a book is released, to generate hype. It may very well be bull@@@@.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    He still plays for the dogs who are paying him. He isn't going to go around saying he preferred his time in Sydney and considers himself a swan when he is about to go into battle for 8 points with them.

Give him a break.
    Blind Barry is a very flawed, frustrating player who still delivered more than most who were more consistent. I don't know if I'll give him a break for his lapses that cost us big, though.

But I think you're dead right that his pay packet may be controlling his tongue. I remember Ron Barassi saying he was with the Swans for life at his farewell Club Champion dinner - that lasted a few months. I bet Baz is back with us by the time of the 10 year Premiership reunion. In the meantime I bet we have to cop a lot more flack/crap when his book comes out. What else is going to sell books - that he baby sat Rocket's kids?

Hall reveals all on Swans split | AFL | Fox Sports

In this article from a couple moths ago Bazza states that he "didn't enjoy the last four or five years" at Sydney, which is confusing on so many levels; least of all that, in that time, he captained a premiership with the club.

Personally, I still have a soft spot for the guy. The image of him shedding tears during his lap of honour in 2009 made me feel for him - it was as if he wished he could stop wacking blokes but just couldn't - like he was own worst enemy.

That being said I think Roosy and the Swans culture are going to get a good smashing in his autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Hall reveals all on Swans split | AFL | Fox Sports

In this article from a couple moths ago Bazza states that he "didn't enjoy the last four or five years"
    Apparently Biffo used to get upset about the boys laughing at him in his white Y fronts. So they were passed down from his grand dad. That was no reason to stir him about them.

I didn't know you could write books in crayon.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast