Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 58

Thread: Barry Hall still irked by Paul Roos rift

  1. #37
    The old Boiler! Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Blissful Delirium
    Posts
    6,326
    The thing is its is unlikely that any of us will ever really know what really went down with Roos, Kirk & Hall - what played out in the press was not attractive for either side - let our premiership captain have his farewell and he can go off into the sunset. At the end of the day he is human and we all reach a breaking point at some stage in life. Some handle it better than others. Some days he was brilliant and others he was petulant. So work out how many games he played for us then count how many games where he did his nut - the numbers of terrific games played for us far out weighs the games where he lost his cool. But then some will always look at the negative - I will remember the positives and I will remember him holding the cup up in victory in 2005. And as for 2006 GF - he wasnt on his own at being very ordinary that day - so to blame it all on him is just plain silly - so its time to move on -whats happened happened., having said that, I wish to god that he was in our forward line right now!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

  2. #38
    Formerly 'BBB' Triple B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,999
    On 2KY this morning it was mentioned that already it has been pitched for a fight between Barry and Sonny Bill Williams.

    I have little doubt it will be one of the most publicised fights in Aust boxing history.

    I enjoy the fights and have occasionally wandered to a venue to watch a fight that took my fancy, but I'll be coughing up the $$$ to enjoy it in the comfort of my loungeroom via Main Event if it eventuates.

    Can't wait.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

  3. #39
    Veterans List Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    7,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    On 2KY this morning it was mentioned that already it has been pitched for a fight between Barry and Sonny Bill Williams.

    I have little doubt it will be one of the most publicised fights in Aust boxing history.

    I enjoy the fights and have occasionally wandered to a venue to watch a fight that took my fancy, but I'll be coughing up the $$$ to enjoy it in the comfort of my loungeroom via Main Event if it eventuates.

    Can't wait.
    Any chance Mundine putting on a lot of weight so Baz can punch him to next week.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

    Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

  4. #40
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Any chance Mundine putting on a lot of weight so Baz can punch him to next week.
    or maybe Mundine could tag team with a certain vertically challenged person who may not be mentioned on this website......

  5. #41
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,400
    I think Roosie & Hally put this thread to bed in the articles printed on the subject.

  6. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think Roosie & Hally put this thread to bed in the articles printed on the subject.
    Right we may as well close the thread then.

    Just hope Bazza doesnt tear us a new one on the weekend and then ill clap him as much as anyone else.

  7. #43
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,568
    What about the stalemate when neither the Swans defence or Baz can win a free? The Doggies' Forward 50 an umpire-free zone?

  8. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    or maybe Mundine could tag team with a certain vertically challenged person who may not be mentioned on this website......
    Hayden Ballyntine?
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

  9. #45
    Veterans List aardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hayden Ballyntine?
    Oh wouldn't that be sweet.............

  10. #46
    Now im sure there's no truth to this but just thought id relay a very funny bit of scuttle butt i heard at a local footy club tonight from a bulldogs long time supporter,he reckons Bazza has told the dogs that he has a score to settle with a certain senior swans player and is prepared to take the risk of ending his career thru suspension,and if he gets a chance he will try to flatten that swans player.

    As i said im sure this is 100% crud but found it amusing to hear.

  11. #47
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    What about the stalemate when neither the Swans defence or Baz can win a free? The Doggies' Forward 50 an umpire-free zone?
    you'd have to hope we are not umpired the same as last week

  12. #48
    On the Rookie List
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    211
    I heard Gerard Healy on Sports Today mention something about how Leo Barry commented that he was 'sick of the Swans culture' by the time his career ended. Any truth to that, or a source at the very least?
    Grandson of South Melbourne legend Keith Schaefer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO