Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall still irked by Paul Roos rift

Barry Hall still irked by Paul Roos rift

BARRY Hall has a deep-rooted rift with former coach Paul Roos that emerged yesterday after the full-forward announced his retirement.

Hall yesterday described himself as a Bulldog, despite being co-captain of Sydney's 2005 premiership team under Roos, and pointedly did not mention Roos' name.

Several sources yesterday confirmed Hall's disappointment with Roos.

Roos said yesterday: "I'm not aware of any rift. If that's the case, it's certainly not on my behalf and I can only presume we are still on speaking terms."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226097916742

As far as i can see Barry needs to get a grip,what he did that day was just mindless rubbish,and the ump was standing 1 metre away,he should count himself lucky that Roosy still thinks they are friends.

Fair enough I suppose. Roos concedes it's his biggest regret as coach.

But remember Hall's long a sulk after the 2006 grand final, so it's not as if he doesn't like to nurse a grievance.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    Undoubtedly he will get some boos on Saturday afternoon - albeit from a minority of Swans fans - and will come out and have a sook about it, like he did last time. I suspect most Swans fans want to remember him fondly, despite how his time at the club ended. But if he is going to be dismissive of his time at our club, he can hardly expect any warmth to be shown towards him by Swans fans.

Time to grow up Barry. You are a premiership Captain and we gave you a chance when your career had faltered at the Saints so a bit of respect please. Remember you're the one who couldn't keep his hands to himself and acted like a petulant child at times. While Roosy could have handled it better it was you that ended your career at the Swans by your own actions.

However on Sat I will remember that you are our premiership captain and will reflect on the good things you did for the club and give you a warm send off.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I will warmly boo him off.
    I don't think I've ever liked Blind Barry - especially after he signed a $2M contract and then stopping kicking goals. Very disappointing.
    He was only the premiership captain because it was his "turn".
    Was it 2005 or 2006 where we had to pay a QC a week before the granny to get him off yet another charge? Can't remember.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

All of the above.
    I'm a little miffed that he values his time with the doggies more than the time with us but the big lug will always be our premiership captain.
    Sadly won't be there this Sat (of all the games I have to miss!!!) but if I was I'd be cheering for him-after the game, when he's in front of goals he's just another opposition player to distract from goal

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I will warmly boo him off.
    I don't think I've ever liked Blind Barry - especially after he signed a $2M contract and then stopping kicking goals. Very disappointing.
    He was only the premiership captain because it was his "turn".
    Was it 2005 or 2006 where we had to pay a QC a week before the granny to get him off yet another charge? Can't remember.
    Actually it was Ben Matthews turn to be captain. At the time Barry was the natural leader of the club so was the captain for the GF. Without Barry we would still be waiting for a premiership. His goal in the GF was as big a captains goal as you will get. We were gone until he stepped up.
    Last edited by Big Al; 20th July 2011 at 09:09 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Blog Entries
    Well I wouldn't beleive what the media say, I've seen most ofthe interview and heard him on the radio last night.

He will always be a DOG, because he was a Dog's fan as a kid, and has always had a soft spot for them.
    He chose this weekend to announce his retirement so Sydny fans can say good bye, as a sign of respect.
    He knows he had his best years in Sydney, and achieved the ultimate success with our club.
    He said there is no rift, he hasn't spoken to anyone from Sydney, but that was not unusual as you move on to a different club.

I wonder if his book will be more revealing.

He is also getting married soon, and admitted to batting above his average!!

Senior Player
    Booing him his pathetic IMHO.

There's no rift that won't disappear over time. Barry's actions forced the swans hands, he has admitted that. Once he has stepped away from the game the bridges will be mended. After all, he'll only be invited to one premiership reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Well I wouldn't beleive what the media say, I've seen most ofthe interview and heard him on the radio last night.
    Ah yes, that's very true. I probably went off before acceptances in my previous post.

Blog Entries
    He certainly is batting above his average.

Yowsers!!
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226097875594

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I suspect most Swans fans want to remember him fondly, despite how his time at the club ended. But if he is going to be dismissive of his time at our club, he can hardly expect any warmth to be shown towards him by Swans fans.
    I agree with this, he seems to want it both ways. Continue to feel hard done by and sulk about his Swans departure, but feel the love at the same time.
    If he wanted the love, he should of shown some maturity and risen above his beef with Roos and Kirk, ( a fair enough beef IMO, they hung him out to dry in the media).
    But to be so dismissive of his blazing 8 year Swans career and so bullish of his 2 years of retribution as a Dog, doesn't set the scene for a warm send off.
    Personally I'll support him on Saturday, but he's set himself up for plenty of booing from the Sydney crowd.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast