Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall still irked by Paul Roos rift

he can reveal all he wants was still a club legend
    Theres not much left to say

I'll be a "no-boo-er". Time to forgive all the bad stuff and remember the excitement he brought to our games. How could anyone not wish him well at his last game on the SCG ?

I wouldn't be surprised that if he bags the club in his silly little book.

Love him for his football and his efforts in his years at the club, but not his petulant behaviour when faced with adversity.

Roos, Hall deny 'rift'

No rift according to people supposedly having a rift.
    -

Warming the Bench
    I harbour no ill feelings towards him although i have one regret about the 2005 premiership. I wanted Kirky to hold the cup up! He should be on all the pictures and posters.
    Surely BBB is only joking about preferring the bulldogs. I wouldn't want to hang around Aker, Johnson or Gilbee

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I agree with this, he seems to want it both ways. Continue to feel hard done by and sulk about his Swans departure, but feel the love at the same time.
    If he wanted the love, he should of shown some maturity and risen above his beef with Roos and Kirk, ( a fair enough beef IMO, they hung him out to dry in the media).
    But to be so dismissive of his blazing 8 year Swans career and so bullish of his 2 years of retribution as a Dog, doesn't set the scene for a warm send off.
    Personally I'll support him on Saturday, but he's set himself up for plenty of booing from the Sydney crowd.
    You forgot that Roosey sanctioned his sabbatical to Fiji with his new "fit" girlfriend, after he got rubbed out for the Staker brainfade. Yes he had a big hand in our premiership, but it appears that's where it stopped for him. After that he was an unaccountable footballer who blamed all and sundry for his faults. 5 weeks for eye gouging, 8 weeks for the big hit and another 10 weeks for other career indiscretions. And it was Roosey's fault for not talking to him until midweek after he blew his last chance. Strewth.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Ah yes, that's very true. I probably went off before acceptances in my previous post.
    I heard his interview last night & he never mentioned Roos. He d he deliberately decided to announce his retirement in this game to say goodbye to the Sydney fans. He also said he enjoyed his time in Sydney but he would do a few things differently if he had it over again but you can't go back. He also mentioned he was a Doggies fan as a kid, childhood loyalties are hard to beat especially if you finally play for the side.

The Telegraph is NOT a newspaper, it's a damn tabloid. They will jump on any hint of gossip. I hope it follows in the footsteps of "the news of the world"...
    Last edited by Frog; 20th July 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Some text removed

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    The Telegraph is NOT a newspaper, it's a damn tabloid. They will jump on any hint of gossip. I hope it follows in the footsteps of "the news of the world"...
    My brother's favorite t-shirt: "Is that the truth or did you read it in the Telegraph?"
    Last edited by Frog; 20th July 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Quoted edited text

people who think Roos didnt support hall throughout his time at the swans should be ashamed of themselves. The amount of incidents that happened with bazza, most notably in my opinion, the punch to matt mcguires stomache, which ultimately should have ruled him out of the grandfinal however didn't. That punch caused hysteria throughout the footy world in the lead up to the granny. also the staker incident, the rutten punch, the punch on wakelin. Please, roos had plenty of patience, imagine if fev did that once at carlton on field, he would be the worlds most hated man within a week and probably be out of the club if he did it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I agree & just look at the trouble NEWS LTD is in over the Hacking Scandal. I read articles in both Tele & unfortunately the Herald which both referred to the Umpies as Refs, gee I think they could both get their facts right.

Tabloid sensationalism. It's no secret Hall is disappointed about how he left the Swans, and about Roos not talking to him immediately, but that's where it ends. Roos has himself admitted he would have acted a bit differently, and they've talked it over and resolved it. Hall has taken full responsibility for his actions on the field and how it all ended up. In all likelihood, his book will just detail how he was feeling at the time, nothing more.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast