Thread: Anyone attending the pre-game member function before the Dogs game?

Pushing for Selection

Anyone attending the pre-game member function before the Dogs game?

It my 14th season so apparently I get recognised - happy to wave to any other RWO-ers attending.

My expectations have been lowered - the original copy mentioned "other famous Swans 14s" - but the email today was talking up Quade and Carroll after I was thinking Skilton and Kelly...

Still the prospect of giving some, ahem, pointed advice to any of the coaching panel in attendance is too good to pass up.

Haha i got the invite this year too but I forgot to RSVP. We'll probably have the satanic child in tow and will arrive close to game time anyway.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Well done India'sDad (and you too Des!!)
    Congrats on 14 years.
    I went last year. Have a great time.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    I'm going - only my 11th season but my aunty and uncle's 14th so i'm going as their guest ... don't know what at all to expect but quite excited!

Blog Entries
    Where is the event being held?

Regular in the Side
    I'll be there with my folks and niece and nephew.

Scott, I think it's in the indoor cricket training thingy behind the member's stand. At least, I hope it's there because that's where we're heading!
    Life's not a spectator sport

That's where it was last year Mel.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Well, we went and I recommend any members who are invited to attend. There were a few interviews with John Blakey, Dennis Carroll and Rick Quade as well as a surprise appearance by non-other than Captain Kirk

The best part was probably the discounted drinks

Since it was only a couple of hours' before first bounce it was well worth it - we're normally there early for reserves anyway.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Regular in the Side
    We tried to get in via from the Football stadium entrance. Apparently we had walk over to gate E first and then back around the SCG. 10m versus 1000m plus. Let's just say we got to see the kicking practice for a change.