Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Scully?

Regular in the Side
    FACT: Tom Scully going to Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Sorry, um..... LOL.
    With regard to salary cap.

And if I were to splash some cash I'd start with a marquee FF.

Bolton + Bradshaw = J. Reiwoldt?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    FACT: Tom Scully going to Richmond
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

So it's settled then. Bolton and Bradshaw to Melbourne. Scully to Richmond. Riewoldt to Sydney.

;-p
    10100111001 ;-)

Have I woken up from a terrible dream and Bradshaw has not only not retired, but is fit and firing? Please tell me I have!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Have I woken up from a terrible dream and Bradshaw has not only not retired, but is fit and firing? Please tell me I have!
    He's referring to the cash freed up by the retirement of C.Bolton and Bradshaw.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Just wild about Harry
    I heard that Bradshaw only retired due to a falling out with the team and coach and will change his mind and nominate for the draft and get picked up by another team needing a key forward and will play for a further 2 years and kick bags more goals. Or is that just the stuff of dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I heard that Bradshaw only retired due to a falling out with the team and coach and will change his mind and nominate for the draft and get picked up by another team needing a key forward and will play for a further 2 years and kick bags more goals. Or is that just the stuff of dreams?
    He will write a book about it.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Sorry, um..... LOL.

Thanks BH, I thought that was pretty obvious.

I'll admit I'm playing the devils advocate to an extent, but lets say that Bolts and Braddles free up 700k+/year (conservative). That'd be pretty similar money to the current offer from the Demons (including third party payments). If he really wanted out of Melbourne, but didn't crave the attention that being a GWS poster boy would bring, then it's not entirely impossible.

You could easily apply any other disechanted player's name to the above equation.

Almost any player from Melbourne (thanks to the James McDonald situation), most players from Port Adelaide (because, well, anything has gotta be better than playing for Port), Mitch Clark, Mitch Morton.

The point is - we can afford to be aggressive thanks to a lack of salary cap pressure.

As for straight trades, Seaby and Pyke have a lot of currency at Richmond thanks to Angus Graham's stalled development. And perhaps also with Hawthorn, depending on their plans for Roughy.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    I'll admit I'm playing the devils advocate to an extent, but lets say that Bolts and Braddles free up 700k+/year (conservative). That'd be pretty similar money to the current offer from the Demons (including third party payments). If he really wanted out of Melbourne, but didn't crave the attention that being a GWS poster boy would bring, then it's not entirely impossible.
    It is not quite that straightforward though. Pay Scully $1m for 2012 and you're committing to a similar level of money (or not far off it) for the next decade. The club could afford to offer Bradshaw a big carrot because it was only ever going to be for a year or three. We need to hope that in two or three years time, each of Hanners, Reid, Rohan, Mitchell and the like have market worth of $500k or more. If they don't, chances are we won't have moved forward much as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is not quite that straightforward though. Pay Scully $1m for 2012 and you're committing to a similar level of money (or not far off it) for the next decade. The club could afford to offer Bradshaw a big carrot because it was only ever going to be for a year or three. We need to hope that in two or three years time, each of Hanners, Reid, Rohan, Mitchell and the like have market worth of $500k or more. If they don't, chances are we won't have moved forward much as a team.
    Granted, it would need to be a forward-ended contract. No doubt the Demons face the same issue (as would GWS, eventually).
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Thanks BH, I thought that was pretty obvious.

You could easily apply any other disechanted player's name to the above equation.

Almost any player from Melbourne (thanks to the James McDonald situation), most players from Port Adelaide (because, well, anything has gotta be better than playing for Port), Mitch Clark, Mitch Morton.

The point is - we can afford to be aggressive thanks to a lack of salary cap pressure.

As for straight trades, Seaby and Pyke have a lot of currency at Richmond thanks to Angus Graham's stalled development. And perhaps also with Hawthorn, depending on their plans for Roughy.
    I think Pyke must figure highly in future Swans plans - Seaby would have good value. Poor bloke up and moved to a new city and they change the rules on him.

mitchell, Hannes and Scully would be a strong future for our midfield but Scully is not worth it if Mitchell kills it !!

I am guessing our future will be the folllowing hard nuts to replace hardnuts

Parker = Jude
    Kennedy = Kirk
    Hannes = ROK

but geese it will be nice to have some speed to compliment the above as Macca, Jack, Smithy etc.............freeing up shaw has helped but still tagging

Maybe Gary can do it but me thinks he doesnt have the engine for long minutes on the wing.........jetta struggles still.........Sumner had good anticipation speed and time with the ball but now goooorrrnnnn
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast