Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Scully?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I heard that Bradshaw only retired due to a falling out with the team and coach and will change his mind and nominate for the draft and get picked up by another team needing a key forward and will play for a further 2 years and kick bags more goals. Or is that just the stuff of dreams?
    Bradshaw back to Brisbane, Fev to Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I heard that Bradshaw only retired due to a falling out with the team and coach and will change his mind and nominate for the draft and get picked up by another team needing a key forward and will play for a further 2 years and kick bags more goals. Or is that just the stuff of dreams?
    And we should chase Fevola ... apparently kicked a few goals recently for whoever he plays for and managed to get some news paper print in Melbourne (clearly a slow news day!)

Stuff of dreams ... or nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Thanks BH, I thought that was pretty obvious.

I'll admit I'm playing the devils advocate to an extent, but lets say that Bolts and Braddles free up 700k+/year (conservative). That'd be pretty similar money to the current offer from the Demons (including third party payments). If he really wanted out of Melbourne, but didn't crave the attention that being a GWS poster boy would bring, then it's not entirely impossible.

You could easily apply any other disechanted player's name to the above equation.

Almost any player from Melbourne (thanks to the James McDonald situation), most players from Port Adelaide (because, well, anything has gotta be better than playing for Port), Mitch Clark, Mitch Morton.

The point is - we can afford to be aggressive thanks to a lack of salary cap pressure.

As for straight trades, Seaby and Pyke have a lot of currency at Richmond thanks to Angus Graham's stalled development. And perhaps also with Hawthorn, depending on their plans for Roughy.
    Geez - if we're talking raids of Melbourne and Port, we are going far worse than I thought!

Port have got nothing, and the Dees will keep all their high draft picks apart from Scully (who is surely still only a speculative investment at this stage, though likely to pay off)

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    As ugg said, we are in that oh so exclusive boat of nearly 90% of the competition that just has no chance.

He's a great player, I'd love to have him at Sydney obviously. Here's a hypothetical question- would you give up Hanners + Reid for him?

Tom Scully = Tom Mitchell.
    We get Mitchell, we keep the Weed and Hanners.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123