Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Horse just called me ....

I hung up as soon as I worked out I was being ball busted by a machine. So about 4 seconds.
    -

On the Rookie List
    I found it a mildly confusing. He started blabbing "John Longmire here" - took me a few seconds to figure out it was the coach. Didn't help I was sitting in a meeting.

At least it wasn't outsourced to an Indian call centre.... "we would like you to be coming to a most excellent footballing match... also can I sell you a wonderful OPTUS call plan"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I hung up as soon as I worked out I was being ball busted by a machine. So about 4 seconds.
    I've had sympathy for today's Horse and other machines since reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Besides, he was so genuinely keen on luring me (and Annie) to the game it was hard to dismiss him. And it might have been Horse himself playing a trick on me again - like constantly almost selecting TDL.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I've had sympathy for today's Horse and other machines since reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Besides, he was so genuinely keen on luring me (and Annie) to the game it was hard to dismiss him. And it might have been Horse himself playing a trick on me again - like constantly almost selecting TDL.
    That Horse is a wacky funster!

On the Rookie List
    Got the same call, and it doesn't bother me but it's preaching to the converted. I was always going to the game. I'd be happy to save them the cost of the phone call!
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    So did I - it was interrupting my footy talk with one of the few people I work with who goes to Swannies matches...

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I got it as well. Didn't mind on this occasion, as it was about my religion. Still can't go to the game though, because (as with a lot of Swans supporters) we have Sydney AFL commitments on Saturday.
    Can't understand why the Swans would want to play on Saturday afternoon.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Well he bloody well didn't call me so he can get stuffed... I'm not going.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Well he bloody well didn't call me so he can get stuffed... I'm not going.
    His message said he wouldn't be calling you because you dissed the umps.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    His message said he wouldn't be calling you because you dissed the umps.
    It was all a misunderstanding.

All I did was tell Ray and his mates if they wanted a beer after the game that they should go to the Far Queue.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It was all a misunderstanding.

All I did was tell Ray and his mates if they wanted a beer after the game that they should go to the Far Queue.
    You were probably the same person who said Bill Clinton was misquoted when he said "hold my calls and sack my cook"?

He called me too but I missed the call. When I accessed the message later he told me that he was sorry he'd missed me (I assume he was sorry he missed my call but you never know I guess....)

I thought it was kind of cool and amusing at the same time. Good on the club for giving it a go.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast