Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v GWS Giants

Murphy and Bulldog are bests. TDL is working hard and playing more around CHF. I think the coaches would be happy with his effort. Jesse and Seaby are interchanging ruck and FF, but neither are starring, but not bad either. GWS are fairly tall in the forward line and our backs aren't coping real well.
    It's heavy going, the centre square which is a cricket pitch in summer is very heavy.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

3/4 time. Swans 7 1 43 GWS 13 10 88

GWS 13. 14 97 to Swans 8. 2 50

I'm sure it's Jesse's fault!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    GWS 13. 14 97 to Swans 8. 2 50

I'm sure it's Jesse's fault!!!!
    Was Ray umpiring??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Fulltime Swans 9 3 57 GWS 18 13 121

what's worrying is we seem incapable of beating any of the AFL linked sides. That may say something about depth or it may be that we have too many players out as in LJ & Lamby

Goals
    TDL 2 Murphy Bulldog Jesse Brain Nipper Dill Potter

Thanks for the updates mate!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    what's worrying is we seem incapable of beating any of the AFL linked sides. That may say something about depth or it may be that we have too many players out as in LJ & Lamby
    It's the personnel we have in at the moment. We have a lot of young toppies so we will struggle.

We have beaten the Suns, Lions and GWS twice this year with a lot more listed players playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It's the personnel we have in at the moment. We have a lot of young toppies so we will struggle.

We have beaten the Suns, Lions and GWS twice this year with a lot more listed players playing.
    OK Al that sounds better. It sure makes me feel a lot more secure.

Reasonably predictable outcome today, other than the pathetic crowd!!!
    From the advertised list, no Meredith, Bevan (sighted running laps at the SCG at dusk?) or Lynch.
    If we present with 8 and 9 listed players and half a dozen 17 y.o.'s against the better sides on a regular basis, we will struggle.
    We managed a brave win last week, but further depleted this week, and even with just as big an effort, it was always going to prove to be a bridge too far!
    We were able to stay in touch until late in the 2nd quarter, but as expected with such a young line up, the back end of the later quarters were a big challenge mentally and physically.
    I would have hoped for more from TDL and White in the leadership area. I would imagine that Krueger will be expected to show more soon.
    On the positives, Seaby retains his form, Nipper continues to throws himself into contests without fear, and "Bulldog" was good again, and flew the flag, refusing to take any rubbish from a couple of cocky GWS upstarts late in the game.
    Murphy again found the ball in attack. The more experienced scholarship/academy players like Guthrie, Brain, Kenny and Potter were confident and accountable and generally matched their direct opponents, whilst the younger toppies gained valuable game time and experience at a higher level of competition.
    GWS are showing the benefits of being a "one team" club, able to play a mostly unchanged side, week in week out. The experience their elite young recruits are gaining from consistent game time against stronger opposition is now showing, and they deserve praise for their big improvement from our previous meeting. They tended to penalise us on the turnover, like a good side, and clearly, the talent they have drafted from the AIS is improving and gaining confidence all of the time (will be scary in the future!).
    Izzy is an athlete - kicked 3 I think, but more importantly was looking to do the team things (may need to get a bit more greedy as a forward) but his obvious improvement was there for all to see.
    Over all, a bit like when we met them previously, with a good big guy getting the better of a good little guy!

As an aside, I think I have been to BOP about 8 times for various NAB Cup/SAFL /rep/ junior rep matches , and sadly, this NEAFL "showcase" of the second tier of AFL would have attracted the smallest crowd I have encountered there! C'mon you GWS fans! (both of you!) ... what's happening???
    Last edited by unconfuseme; 23rd July 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Thanks for the comments UCM. How did Jack go?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast