Thread: Some Problems With Coaching & Match Ups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some Problems With Coaching & Match Ups

I want to highlight some of the problems I have with the match ups our coaching staff come up with. Let me give as an example the Freemantle game;

Teddy was originally matched up on a smaller opponent who was going to cut him to pieces in pace, AJ was matched up on one of the Key Forwards which should have been Teddy's man.

When Fyfe started to cut us to pieces the best man for the job was AJ but no move! I have never seen such innept coaching at the Swans since Gary Bukenara coached us years ago.

Jack gets injured in the Carlton game & Longmire & the coaching staff in their wisdom put Ryano on Judd. This negates Ryano as an attacking player for us as is his normal role & he gets creamed & Judd gets 38 posies. Shaw should have gone to Judd. This is not rocket science as even I can work that one out.

in the same game they decided that Teddy was a good match up for Waite. There was no Kruizer in vthe first game so the only danger of a tall coming back was Hampson as resting ruck & he spent a lot of time on the banch when resting.

We also matched up very badly on Marc Murphy as the game went on we should have realised how he needs to go onto his preferre as much as poss, he can deliver from the other but not as well. Brice Gibbs cut us to pieces playing on Adam Goodes, especially in the last. Get Goodes away from him & put Smithie on him or alternatively Mattner as a defensive forward (has played this role on Gibbs before very effectively under Roos).

there are so many match up problems that have occurred this season that they are hard to nominate here

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I want to highlight some of the problems I have with the match ups our coaching staff come up with. Let me give as an example the Freemantle game;

Teddy was originally matched up on a smaller opponent who was going to cut him to pieces in pace, AJ was matched up on one of the Key Forwards which should have been Teddy's man.

When Fyfe started to cut us to pieces the best man for the job was AJ but no move! I have never seen such innept coaching at the Swans since Gary Bukenara coached us years ago.

Jack gets injured in the Carlton game & Longmire & the coaching staff in their wisdom put Ryano on Judd. This negates Ryano as an attacking player for us as is his normal role & he gets creamed & Judd gets 38 posies. Shaw should have gone to Judd. This is not rocket science as even I can work that one out.

in the same game they decided that Teddy was a good match up for Waite. There was no Kruizer in vthe first game so the only danger of a tall coming back was Hampson as resting ruck & he spent a lot of time on the banch when resting.

We also matched up very badly on Marc Murphy as the game went on we should have realised how he needs to go onto his preferre as much as poss, he can deliver from the other but not as well. Brice Gibbs cut us to pieces playing on Adam Goodes, especially in the last. Get Goodes away from him & put Smithie on him or alternatively Mattner as a defensive forward (has played this role on Gibbs before very effectively under Roos).

there are so many match up problems that have occurred this season that they are hard to nominate here
    AJ went onto Fyfe. Got cut up. Just like two others who were tried. The kid can play.

When Jack got injured in the first Carlton game it was Bird who was sent to him not ROK.

Smith is way too small and light for Gibbs. Teddy always takes the forward who plays closest to goals and normally with excellent results.

ROK on Pavlich was inspired.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of the ongoing assassination of Longmire by some on this site.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    AJ went onto Fyfe. Got cut up. Just like two others who were tried. The kid can play.

When Jack got injured in the first Carlton game it was Bird who was sent to him not ROK.

Smith is way too small and light for Gibbs. Teddy always takes the forward who plays closest to goals and normally with excellent results.

ROK on Pavlich was inspired.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of the ongoing assassination of Longmire by some on this site.
    Bull! Bird did not go to Judd until the last quarter, look at the replay!

AJ never went ot FYFE FYFE went to AJ as he was resting in the forwardline. They shifted Fyfe onto the wing in the third & he cut us to pieces & I thought AJ would have been better than the under sized winger in Hannas & co.

I notice you never actually said anything about my Mattner match up?

Look I am strait forward & honest about my opinion of Longmire's coaching. I don't like it!! Pauline eat your heart out!! It is my right to have an opinion without you getting personal about my opinion. I also have come out and told you that I have been involved in Aussie rules since I was a kid but what experience have you had? You who keep proffering such sanguine advice to me to shut the @@@@ up & stop complaining. Are you one of the coaching staff? If you are come out & say so! I am just wanting my side to perform to the best of their ability & I don't see this happening under this particular coach & I would hate to see an opportunity go by & us to be left in the doldrums come GWS & Suns.