Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bad Barry

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Big Bad Barry

Would like to hear from someone who was at the game about the crowd and Swans players reactions to Barry Hall after his retirement announcement. A bit hard to guage it watching the game on TV in Melbourne! Foxtel showed a few Swans players/officials going to Hall after the match but then had an on-ground interview with Goodesy. They then went back to Hally, showing him trudging off the ground with the other Bulldogs. It seemed on TV that the reaction to him was lukewarm at best but would like the opinions of someone who was there.

Gladly.

You could liken it to meeting up with a group of old "shared" friends .... after the divorce. Plenty of handshakes and lots of fake smiles.
    It got as hot as tepid. Lukewarm would say it almost meant something.
    I booed him every time he went near the ball.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Big boos went up when he took a mark and lined up for goal. A dogs fan in front of me called us grubs (I actually didn't boo - not a booing? type). Wasn't happy with the grub call so I gave him a few home truths. In all seriousness i'm sure a large percentage is in jest. It's the Australian way. Personally from what i have noticed in the Media too Barry hasn't had too many kind words about the Sydney fans and I think if he endeared himself to us after he left the response may had been different. I guess though he may feel like the way the Club handled his exit that it portrayed him as the villain and i'm assuming that's where a lot of the resentment lies.

I'm not prejudice ... I boo Jolly too!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

i booed him when shooting for goal but gave him a clap off the ground.... he didn't seem very happy even though he had a blinder of a 1st half!

Happy and I know it
    Barry was just another one of the losing team that trudged off the field, leaving us to enjoy a red-and-white victory.

Regular in the Side
    I am really angry at those so called "Swans fans" who booed Barry Hall. They are not really Swans fans. My message to those who did: "GROW UP!"

It seems like he got a much better run from the Umps when he started playing for a Melbourne team. He couldn't handle his frustration with the Umps in Sydney. He stuffed up 2 seasons for us and we've still got a makeshift forward line, that's why he gets booed. I'll never forget that 60 metre goal at a crucial stage in the '05 grand final!

C'mon top40. That's a bit much isn't it. He was just another opposition player standing between the Swans and an important win. Barry got booed as much as any other Bulldogs players going for goal.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    I boo'd him but in a kinda nice way...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cas View Post
    It seems like he got a much better run from the Umps when he started playing for a Melbourne team. He couldn't handle his frustration with the Umps in Sydney. He stuffed up 2 seasons for us and we've still got a makeshift forward line, that's why he gets booed. I'll never forget that 60 metre goal at a crucial stage in the '05 grand final!
    What about all the many, many great contributions that Barry Hall made to the Swans. Just one simple example: that extraordinary penultimum goal in that same 2005 Grand Final.

With this rationale, Barry Hall should be booed the night he (eventually) receives a Swans Hall of Fame honour. Booing Barry Hall by "Swans fans" represents purile conduct by persons who are not truely Swans fans.

I ignored him. He has dissed us off, even though he was captain of this club, won a grand final, was forgiven his transgressions until turning a blind eye was no longer tennable. And he had the temerity to dismiss 25,000 Sydney Swans as being irrelivent (sic). Never wonder why he was booed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast