Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bad Barry

Barry made countless great contributions to to Swans but I'm afraid that he'll be mostly remembered for that punch on Staker.

On the Rookie List
    I was saying Boo-urrns

Regular in the Side
    It greatly disappoints me that some people wish to focus on the very few negatives, and not remember the many, many, many positive contributions made by Barry Hall to the club. I repeat: those who booed Barry Hall are not Swans supporters, and need to grow up. .

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Booing Barry Hall by "Swans fans" represents purile conduct by persons who are not truely Swans fans.
    I've been supporting this club since 1987 and have been a member for 16 of those years. Are you saying I'm not a true Swans fan because I had a few choice words in Barry's direction.

Primmy is one of the more passionate Swans fans ignored Barry which is a sign of disrespect in a way. Are you saying she isn't a true fan??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    It greatly disappoints me that some people wish to focus on the very few negatives, and not remember the many, many, many positive contributions made by Barry Hall to the club. I repeat: those who booed Barry Hall are not Swans supporters, and need to grow up. .
    Why can't you do both. I'll be ever grateful for Barry because he is our premiership captain and without him we may be still waiting for the holy grail. Fact of the matter is that he left the club due to his own idiocy and seems to have shown some disrespect for the club that we all love. You choose not to boo and forget the negative that is your right as it is the right for people to do the opposite. It doesn't make you or them any less a fan.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There was a fair few boos on the concourse. Personally I have affection for him and chose not to boo. Once the game was up by a comfortable margin I even enjoyed a few of his moves. But while the game was on the line I hoped Teddy/Grundy would deck him

I wouldn't boo hall, Jolly is a different matter, but to say the you are not a "real swans fan" because you boo a former captain playing for another club in my opinion is childish at best. I have followed the Swans since 1968, I have been a member on and off during that time, I have booed plenty of players who have left the club to play elsewhere. But I can't really bring myself to boo Barry. I guess that makes me a real fan then!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    I recognise Barry Hall as a star power forward of the game. Playing in a losing team with limited opportunities he kept the Dogs in the game. All they did was deliver the ball to him on a one on one situation,something we could never seem to do. He did the rest making mince meat of our defence.I always felt sorry for Barry as he used to lead and lead and lead and get ignored then finally the kick would come high to him when he had 2-3 opponents. Sure he got angry about it but as an ex CHF,I could understand why.

I would love to have him back for the finals! Come back,all is forgiven!

Stuff Barry Hall.

He cost us a premiership, and now wants to be remembered as a Dog

Happy and I know it
    In order to boo (or cheer) you have to care. I don't care about Barry so I just treated him like any other player who plays for a team we were trying to beat. I admired some of his moves on the field but no more than other players who contributed to the game.

His hit on staker actually made a positive result on my memories of Barry... great topic of conversation haha

I was only booing him because he looked like he was going to make us loose the game!!! I don't think that is childish at all.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast