Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 24 v Brisbane Lions Match Time.

I like the time.

If the kids are playing sport there's plenty of time to get there and it doesn't finish too late for them as well. When I say kids, I of course mean me, It's way past my bedtime when games are played on a Sat night.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I can't remember the survey too well but I would imagine that the twilight game option was the best of a bad bunch. Doesn't mean we wanted one : )
    The survey had all the times ranging from friday nights to various times on Sat and Sunday.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The survey had all the times ranging from friday nights to various times on Sat and Sunday.
    Did it have the current standard times as well (such as 1.10/2.10 Sunday/2.10/7.10 Saturday) as options or just new ones as an alternative?

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Absolutely ridiculous IMO. There's no coincidence that Saturday's crowd was only 19,000 considering a large number of Swans' supporters would already have made other plans with their own Sydney AFL clubs playing on that day. This match clashes with local footy finals. Unfortunately you can count on my seat being empty.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Did it have the current standard times as well (such as 1.10/2.10 Sunday/2.10/7.10 Saturday) as options or just new ones as an alternative?
    My recollection is that they had all the times to choose from.

Cool - thanks. I have a shocking memory : )

Love a) Saturday afternoon games and b) love the 4:10pm game! Looking forward to it!
    Swannies for life!

What an unexpected time! Good for rocking on afterwards though. Anyway, all we can do is give it a go and see how it turns out. At what stage during the match do you think the SCG will get around to turning the lights on?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Hush now, call me a stick in the mud, but I like
    Sunday afternoons. Suits me, and that should be enough for the AFL to consider. Me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

So 4 hours in the Taphouse before the game?

Hell yeah
    -

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Hush now, call me a stick in the mud, but I like
    Sunday afternoons. Suits me, and that should be enough for the AFL to consider. Me.
    Sunday afternoons in round24 are retained for the dud teams. The AFL wants maximum flexibility for fixturing finals the following week, and there is an issue for teams playing on Sunday backing up the following week, particularly those who have to travel in either the final round or the first round of the finals. We could well find ourselves trekking over the Nullabor in the first week of the finals, assuming we do actually qualify.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If there's a reserves game on beforehand a smart youngster will invite any young lady he knows with a line of ""I'm playing in the seniors!" and remember to jog past during the game and call out "wow, small crowd huh!".

Josh Willoughby would have done it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast