Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 24 v Brisbane Lions Match Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    What an unexpe At what stage during the match do you think the SCG will get around to turning the lights on?
    A little after seven
    Last edited by Big Al; 30th July 2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    What a stupid time for a game. Right smack bang in the middle of dinnertime.

There will be trouble, mark my words!!!
    Pensioner!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Twitter feed says "Member survey indicated that many supported playing twilight matches." Any members here participate in the survey?

Personally, I don't have strong feelings either way, apart from that I enjoy a sunny afternoon game. Not too many of those this year.
    As long as it doesn't bluddy rain, will be very happy with the timing!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan1972 View Post
    As long as it doesn't bluddy rain, will be very happy with the timing!
    As long as it's dry and we win, don't care, won't be making netball finals anyway (is there a cranky, bitter smiley I could insert here?).
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    So 4 hours in the Taphouse before the game?

Hell yeah
    What a great idea!!

I'd leave the nephew at home and join you but I think the regulars who sit around us like him better than me and would tear me a new one if I didn't bring him.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Living in 2005
    I remember us having a Saturday twilight game years ago because of Bledisloe Cup.

I hate the time because it basically destroys me being able to watch any other game on that day! will miss the 2pm games and wont get home to at least half time of the others! oh well. Hopefully the game secures us a home final.

What an unexpe At what stage during the match do you think the SCG will get around to turning the lights on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    little after seven
    That's probably a conservative estimate!!
    Last edited by Big Al; 30th July 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Not a bad time to have a game I reckon.

I am shouting the stuck-with-the-Lions-as-an-old-Fitzroy-fan of a father-in-law a trip to Sydney to see this game. He likes a drink. So I think we can enjoy a long lunch on the way to the game and a pub crawl back to Central with a meal on the way home.

Suggestions for a post match crawl route and options for nice lunch and/or tea would be accepted with thanks.

Heading back to Central for a few drinks, head down Devonshire St, The Trinity Bar, cnr Devonshire St and Crown St, Shakespeare Hotel (great pub meals) further down Devonshire St, Clarledon Hotel Devonshire St, Strawberry Hills Hotel Devonshire St and Elizabeth St and then another few pubs to central station
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I reckon the club are playing fast and loose with interpreting the survey results. The way they construct those surveys by asking the same question multiple times with multiple combinations of answers of course people are going to prefer Sat 4pm.
    "What game time would you prefer? Tuesday pm, Saturday 4pm or Wednesday 4pm?"

I'm not keen and it's a kind of awkward time, however, I will be there with bells on hoping for a home final like others.

Dammit!!! That means I've been to my last home game this year unless we have a home final. I don't finish work until 6pm!!! I can't make it to the Saints game because of work either.
    Red & White forever.

That's probably a conservative estimate!!
    Sorry should have been clearer, seven pm the twenty fifth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast