Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bye weekend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Demons v Geelong Scott.

Saints have GC.
    Bloody St Kilda!!!
    I read GCFC as cats. My bad.
    At least it's in QLD. It's about time the Suns won another game!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Bloody St Kilda!!!
    I read GCFC as cats. My bad.
    At least it's in QLD. It's about time the Suns won another game!!
    Gee I'm glad you wrote that Scott, I do it ALL the time and thought it must be cause I was getting old and my brain is becoming mush and that surely I was the only idiot on earth that did!
    Now I know I'm not alone!
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Gee I'm glad you wrote that Scott, I do it ALL the time and thought it must be cause I was getting old and my brain is becoming mush and that surely I was the only idiot on earth that did!
    Now I know I'm not alone!
    Thank you
    No, there are plenty of old mushy brained idiots around Jewels!!

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Oh of course the Dockers are the underdogs, but at home with a couple players back over the last couple of weeks, Barlow starting to fire, and against a team even weaker in the ruck stocks than them....
    No the Hawks are ok in the ruck stakes. They have Bailey (1st round draft pick who gas only been delayed due to 2 knee injuries) & Hale both firing, I think Hale kinked 2 or 3 last weekend. The Hawks have lost Gillham & Stratton from their backs & Roughhead from the Forwardline. The only ruck out is Renouf who may be back by the end of season. The Hawks are almost as good in strength as they are going to get, Rioli, Lewis & Sewell all back & Bateman back for the Freo game, Jordan Lisle will also be available for that game. The Hawks will beat Freo really well & win the ruck as there is a doubt on Griffin, you thought the Hawks were having ruck problems!

I hate the bye.

I will be going to Carlton vs Kangaroos though.

On the Rookie List
    During the bye I hope.

Sam works on his goal kicking .9/10 from all positions.
    Some one coaches him so he doesn't kick into the man on the mark from 15 out!
    Pyke and Rohan get a run in the twos?
    TDL gets fit (at last)
    The selectors have a retreat and think about the set up needed for the finals.
    The rest of the team has a rest and gets rid of sore spots and niggles'

Oh, its just occurred to me. What am I going to do this weekend! Oh dear, we are in Sydney and no foxtel, so that means no footy at all. hmmmm.....red wine and replays I guess.

Any local comp I can go see?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Primmy, you could get down to No.1 oval at Sydney Uni on Saturday afternoon and see what should be a pretty good game in Syd Uni vs. Penno. The game doesn't start until 3 it looks like, if you're driving I'd suggest going to Eveleigh markets and getting your veges for the week and Confused Eggs from the Eumundi BBQ, then heading over to Buzzbar (further down King St) for an early afternoon tea of cake and coffee (if you can't justify eating cake for lunch, I can!) before heading up to the ground. If not driving that all might be a bit of a toddle so possibly go with getting off at Newtown Station and going to Buzzbar for your cake lunch then catch the bus up King St to the Uni. If coming from the city go to Sweet Infinity in the Strand Arcade for cake lunch then catch one of the King St buses from out the front on George St.

If you're free on Sunday instead then you could get your Swans fix with Balmain playing at the beautiful Drummoyne Oval, but they're playing Campbelltown who aren't traveling all that great. Might not be a great game, but you'd probably get to stalk a few of your well loved sons. I'd suggest bangers&mash for a quick lunch at the London , or going to the Exchange (gaudy as it is) for their burger- it's really pretty special. Most importantly, both will give you easy access to cake from Zumbo that you could take down to watch the game.

Really, it all revolves around cake for me.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

You are a treasure Stella. Close to Drummoyne Oval, and I am lazy, I will go there.

Not a cake person.....but can murder macarons. May even add that to my list!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Saturday I'll be at Concord Oval watching West Harbour v Manly in the Shute Shield if your interested Primster...

Was that a 'No thx' I heard
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You are a treasure Stella. Close to Drummoyne Oval, and I am lazy, I will go there.

Not a cake person.....but can murder macarons. May even add that to my list!
    I'll be down at Adriano Zumbo's around 10.30 on Saturday picking up our wedding cake. Maybe see you in the macaron queue?

OMG. No footy.
    Looks like 2 days on the lounge under the doona.
    Bring it on!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast