Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Bye weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'll be down at Adriano Zumbo's around 10.30 on Saturday picking up our wedding cake. Maybe see you in the macaron queue?
    Did you organise your wedding around the bye weekend? Nice!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Primmy, you could get down to No.1 oval at Sydney Uni on Saturday afternoon and see what should be a pretty good game in Syd Uni vs. Penno. The game doesn't start until 3 it looks like, if you're driving I'd suggest going to Eveleigh markets and getting your veges for the week and Confused Eggs from the Eumundi BBQ, then heading over to Buzzbar (further down King St) for an early afternoon tea of cake and coffee (if you can't justify eating cake for lunch, I can!) before heading up to the ground. If not driving that all might be a bit of a toddle so possibly go with getting off at Newtown Station and going to Buzzbar for your cake lunch then catch the bus up King St to the Uni. If coming from the city go to Sweet Infinity in the Strand Arcade for cake lunch then catch one of the King St buses from out the front on George St.

If you're free on Sunday instead then you could get your Swans fix with Balmain playing at the beautiful Drummoyne Oval, but they're playing Campbelltown who aren't traveling all that great. Might not be a great game, but you'd probably get to stalk a few of your well loved sons. I'd suggest bangers&mash for a quick lunch at the London , or going to the Exchange (gaudy as it is) for their burger- it's really pretty special. Most importantly, both will give you easy access to cake from Zumbo that you could take down to watch the game.

Really, it all revolves around cake for me.
    Wow, Stella. Can you please organise my life? Yours sounds so much better than mine...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'll be down at Adriano Zumbo's around 10.30 on Saturday picking up our wedding cake. Maybe see you in the macaron queue?
    What the???
    Congrats mate!!

Friday night footy at Brookie.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

If you're free on Sunday instead then you could get your Swans fix with Balmain playing at the beautiful Drummoyne Oval, but they're playing Campbelltown who aren't traveling all that great. Might not be a great game, but you'd probably get to stalk a few of your well loved sons. I'd suggest bangers&mash for a quick lunch at the London , or going to the Exchange (gaudy as it is) for their burger- it's really pretty special. Most importantly, both will give you easy access to cake from Zumbo that you could take down to watch the game.
    Who are the ex-Swans with Balmain these days? Is Fosdike still coach?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Friday night footy at Brookie.
    Won't be a big crowd there.

The games in Gosford.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Really? FFS, was looking forward to a lazy walk down the road of for a weekend footy fix.
    -

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Who are the ex-Swans with Balmain these days? Is Fosdike still coach?
    Fosdike is coaching. Luffy, Jason Saddington, Nick Davis and Tim Schmidt are all playing there. Drummoyne's a great spot for watching footy - especially on a sunny day.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Really? FFS, was looking forward to a lazy walk down the road of for a weekend footy fix.
    If it wasn't a Friday night, a mate (an evil Manly supporter) and I (a Tiger fan) would have made the trip up. Will have to put up with Rabbits and Channel 9 I guess.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Fosdike is coaching. Luffy, Jason Saddington, Nick Davis and Tim Schmidt are all playing there. Drummoyne's a great spot for watching footy - especially on a sunny day.
    I didn't know that "Save Us" was still getting around. Is he still a mercurial genius? Is he fit enough to slot in our forward line?

Bummer. Port Melbourne also have a bye in the VFL. Might have to head over to Packer Reserve to watch South Melborne Districts' Swans take on Glen Eira in VAFA Division 2.

OK, looks like a new thread. What the Old Boys are REALLY like when they play footy after retirement. Stay tuned.

And you guessed right 3B, no. Did all my League thing when I followed Kiz's father round with starrie eyes way back; and Junior,and heaven help me Kerry as well.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Just keep the cake out of Tim Schmidt's sight......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast