Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Bye weekend

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    They are NOT the side of last year and the year before. Sure they might stagger into the 8 but they wont last, I expect us to account for them. They were always going to come back though as they are a top 8 side but they are no longer premiership threats IMO.
    I mostly agree with you. They are definitely not a premiership threat IMO either. Just observing that the job against them would have been easier early in the season than now - they are in undeniably better form. The upside for us of course is that beating them will be a lot sweeter and more credible!

The only point of difference is that I didn't see them pulling anything out of their season - I thought they would be well into planning mode for their next five seasons by now. That they have defied a 1W-1D-5L start to the season to be in the mix for a finals berth deserves some begrudging credit I guess.

On the Rookie List
    I hope after a weeks rest

Rhys Shaw has leant the difference between a Swans Guernsey and the opposition and starts kicking to us

ROK's quick kick out of the pack will have a Swans player ready and waiting for it. This drill will have been practised.

Sammy will have had hours of goal kicking practise and have a set routine to prevent kicking into the player on the mark from 15 metres out.

TDLwill have finally proved he can apply defensive pressure and be part of the 22.

Irish....no comment Gold Membership card....it won't happen!

Niggles relieved

We put the defeats behind us and get ready for the final assault Finals here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan1972 View Post
    The only point of difference is that I didn't see them pulling anything out of their season - I thought they would be well into planning mode for their next five seasons by now. That they have defied a 1W-1D-5L start to the season to be in the mix for a finals berth deserves some begrudging credit I guess.
    Its just the last gasp before they die................

If you are of the bent where you are concerned about the Swans making the 8, it's been a near-perfect weekend for us. Pretty much all contenders faltered, with the Dogs' faltering amounting to a final fatality for their chances, and even St K won by less than expected so as to not leapfrog us on percentage (although it's as near to dead level as makes no difference). When you look at who the contenders outside the 8 are?Essendon, North Melbourne, Melbourne (statistically contenders only, now more the punchline to a joke)?how far behind us they are, and the draw they have coming, it all adds up to one thing: beat Essendon this weekend, and we'll make the 8. Huge game.

One thing that would have been a little unexpected a week-and-a-bit ago: getting a home final is already 100% in our power. Not reliant on anyone else's results. No-one can take it off us, if we don't give it up.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'll be down at Adriano Zumbo's around 10.30 on Saturday picking up our wedding cake. Maybe see you in the macaron queue?
    You didn't like the cake?

Adriano Zumbo Balmain roberry | With friands like these

''They switched the cameras off and then jack-hammered [the safe] which was bolted down, and took the weekend earnings. There were cakes and macarons everywhere.''
    The copy editor clearly had a sugar rush.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    You didn't like the cake?

Adriano Zumbo Balmain roberry | With friands like these

The copy editor clearly had a sugar rush.
    It seemed easier than cancelling the cheque. The cake was the V8 diesel and it was/is amazing. 16 of us, got one for 40 and there's not much left. But how do you jackhammer a safe out of a building on Darling St Balmain, next to a pub, a block from the cop shop and noone noticed? Then again, the Swans have been more blatantly "robbed" by the umps, the AFL and the media for years now so we shouldn't be surprised.

Surely TDL has to play this week.

I would also give Jessie White a run. A last shot if you like. If he can't kick a few against a poor defence in perfect conditions then he doesn't deserve a gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Surely TDL has to play this week.

I would also give Jessie White a run. A last shot if you like. If he can't kick a few against a poor defence in perfect conditions then he doesn't deserve a gig.
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!
    I think he's had enough last shots and all he's done is shoot himself!
    As somebody else wrote in another thread, I was a strong supporter of Whites going from the form he showed when he first got the call up but this year he has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment and his time is now up.
    We need a settled forward line going into finals, something we haven't had all year and that settled forward line looks like it has to be Sammy and Lewie, with TDL the only addition.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!
    I think he's had enough last shots and all he's done is shoot himself!
    As somebody else wrote in another thread, I was a strong supporter of Whites going from the form he showed when he first got the call up but this year he has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment and his time is now up.
    We need a settled forward line going into finals, something we haven't had all year and that settled forward line looks like it has to be Sammy and Lewie, with TDL the only addition.
    100% this. I spent the off season salivating at the thought of Jesse up forward, but now want to use that saliva on the thought of giving him another chance (I hope that came out right). Now is the time to work on the forward line that will serve is in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    100% this. I spent the off season salivating at the thought of Jesse up forward, but now want to use that saliva on the thought of giving him another chance (I hope that came out right). Now is the time to work on the forward line that will serve is in the finals.
    Haha haha

I'd play him in the absence of any meaningful alternative. I want to see goodes on the ball and only resting forward. The only meaningful alternative is LRT (assuming everitt is injured). A choice between LRT and White as ff is simply too depressing for words. I'm assuming most here plump for LRT...

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Haha haha

I'd play him in the absence of any meaningful alternative. I want to see goodes on the ball and only resting forward. The only meaningful alternative is LRT (assuming everitt is injured). A choice between LRT and White as ff is simply too depressing for words. I'm assuming most here plump for LRT...
    I know Lewie in the forward line isn't ideal, especially as it is a bit of a "taking from Peter to pay Paul" scenario, but at least he makes a contest when the ball comes in, unlike White.

The White love has gone.

I'm not his biggest fan, however playing him only for the wet games isn't helping.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567