Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats happening in Sydney's South West

Pushing for Selection
    Great initiative by Campbelltown.

At the past few International Cups, Victorian teams have been very involved and accomodating towards visiting players and helping them experience the sport in Australia.

Quite a few of the IC teams are already in town now - are there any other clubs in Sydney that have taken any IC teams/players in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy#8 View Post

At the past few International Cups, Victorian teams have been very involved and accomodating towards visiting players and helping them experience the sport in Australia.

Quite a few of the IC teams are already in town now - are there any other clubs in Sydney that have taken any IC teams/players in ?
    Not a bad idea for teams with no chance of finals, though I'd question whether players who have been pushing to play 1s at Campbelltown would be happy with guys rocking up and straight into the 1s. I probably wouldn't be, but I don't need to worry about it.

As for IC players. We've been giving 8 of the Irish International squad a game each week. Can't wait for them to have a cracking tournament and take out the cup - apparently they are favourites. Will leave a massive gap in our roster though for the last 2 rounds
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy#8 View Post

We had offered to help the British team with a training facility however they are staying in Blacktown so they felt Rosedale was a bit far - also tried to help with the Timor team given a number of our players have played with them over there but couldnt get one central location.

Quote Originally Posted by UTSBatman View Post
    Not a bad idea for teams with no chance of finals, though I'd question whether players who have been pushing to play 1s at Campbelltown would be happy with guys rocking up and straight into the 1s. I probably wouldn't be, but I don't need to worry about it.
    As for IC players. We've been giving 8 of the Irish International squad a game each week. Can't wait for them to have a cracking tournament and take out the cup - apparently they are favourites. Will leave a massive gap in our roster though for the last 2 rounds

BWAHAHAHAH, is that the pot calling the Kettle?
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Sure is the pot calling kettle.

Those guys on the weekend stood up well considering what they were up against and I think was great for the game to see so many having a good go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chatovadafloor View Post
    Sure is the pot calling kettle.

Those guys on the weekend stood up well considering what they were up against and I think was great for the game to see so many having a good go.
    Nine players in Town's Premier team with surnames of an Island flavour. Great for the game indeed, our Pacific neighbours are tremendous athletes, an untapped resource until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    [/B]

Huh?

Oh, Did I need to mention our 8 Irish guys play each week, all did pre-season and are a massive part of our club? Apologies.

Funnily, one of these players was knocked back by Mac Uni at the beginning of the year - told he wouldn't get a game because of the numbers. Of course they weren't to know he represented Ireland in junior Gaelic and is now representing his country in his first year of AFL. Fair to say that worked out well for us!
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

Can back that up, they aren't blow ins at UTS (Granted, they may not be at Town either) as we were destroyed last year in the prelim by Alex Whooley (did he make the Irish team) and Hanmore (He had the story on the website). Whooley is actually a terrific bloke, had a long chat and a beer after that game with him. The Irish influence at Trumper is massive, and is heading that way at Manly as well.

Yeah big Whool is in the squad. Surprised you were able to have a chat with him, most of us can't understand what he's on about most of the time! All the Irish boys at the Bats are crackers, we've been very lucky to have them. Now, can someone teach them to kick with their head over the ball???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123