Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V The Tigers

On the Rookie List
    A bit hard on one missed tackle from TDL when others have got chance after chance. He created 2 goals directly through good play and maybe gave up one goal through a soft tackle. This is much better than Tadgh every game as he has directy lost us games and it doesn't seem to matter. Coming into a hot game like that was a huge ask! He did ok.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    TDL out.. Forever!! Lead up forwards, at his size, don't survive in league footy. Let alone a soft one. Can't tackle, can't crumb. Gorrrrrn.
    Sorry, don't agree. Instrumental in 3 or 4 goals and was obviously underdone. Just get him fit and expect that he will be the one subbed in most games.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Malceski as sub doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not sure TDL was that bad given he hasn't played a lot and came into the team as an emergency - why is his missed tackle so much worse than the two dozen miss-kicks that cost us during the game - it was a mistake (he miss timed it) rather than a lack of effort.

I think he will come good because he has shown what he can do - he just needs a consistent run of games and to play at his best consistently. I see no reason he can't do that.

If Jetta, TDL, Reid, AJ and Parker all develop and play consistently as well as we have seen them to in bursts, then we will have a great team in years to come. So keep em in the team I say
    LIKE.

What is the missed tackle re TDL? Was it in the 3rd quarter, deep in swans forward line?

Need a video reference to translate from memory to keyboard.. but at one point Kennelly lost us a goal, he had a bomber cold (the guy was waiting for a handball receive facing away from kennelly) tadhg just needed to stay goal side of him, but he went past and the guy was able to either kick himself or pass to someone who kicked a goal, i dont remember which.

in rohan if fit out kennelly, malceski on the ground.

Mcveigh if available TDL out

and Pyke would be nice if fit and LRT back to defence, but not sure who comes out
    Theres not much left to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    I'm not sure TDL was that bad given he hasn't played a lot and came into the team as an emergency - why is his missed tackle so much worse than the two dozen miss-kicks that cost us during the game - it was a mistake (he miss timed it) rather than a lack of effort.
    It was worse, it wasn't just a mistake. I was the softest, softest outside runner you've ever seen when I played, relying so much on silky skills that I qualified for Abstudy*- and I would have tackled the body harder than that.

He isn't a lost cause, no reason in my mind to expect he won't improve.

* Sorry!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    A bit hard on one missed tackle from TDL when others have got chance after chance. He created 2 goals directly through good play and maybe gave up one goal through a soft tackle. This is much better than Tadgh every game as he has directy lost us games and it doesn't seem to matter. Coming into a hot game like that was a huge ask! He did ok.
    Tend to agree - it was just an awful awful effort, and he'll cringe every time it's replayed (which no doubt will be a lot) but I think he stills has an important role to play. Would have him spend one night at training this week doing nothing but tackling for 90 mins and then tell him to go home and watch tapes of Kirk & Bolton for hours on end.

Terribly tough on Mummy to being going solo vs the likes of Ryder & Hille - he'll be stuffed. Not sure if this is the week to bring in a second ruckman but it will need to happen at some point.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Tend to agree - it was just an awful awful effort, and he'll cringe every time it's replayed (which no doubt will be a lot) but I think he stills has an important role to play. Would have him spend one night at training this week doing nothing but tackling for 90 mins and then tell him to go home and watch tapes of Kirk & Bolton for hours on end.

Terribly tough on Mummy to being going solo vs the likes of Ryder & Hille - he'll be stuffed. Not sure if this is the week to bring in a second ruckman but it will need to happen at some point.
    The games TDL has played this year he has had those "awful, awful efforts". Collingwood practice match as good as stamped his papers with "SOFT". He avoids body contact at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I agree with this.
    I think everyone is being a bit harsh on TDL. I noted several times were he was tackling or providing a serious physical contest. He misses one tackle that the commentators crucified him on and everyone wants him gone.
    Watch the replay and you'll see he has a defensive side to his game.

In addition Kenelley must go. Malceski would do his job ten times better without the stuff ups and the hearts in the throats of the supporters.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The games TDL has played this year he has had those "awful, awful efforts". Collingwood practice match as good as stamped his papers with "SOFT". He avoids body contact at all costs.
    Pretty much the whole Carlton team do as well & look at how well they are going. He'd do very nicely with a club like them or Essendon whose game is based on pace not stoppages and strength.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I personally don't believe TDL gave enough to justify a place in the team tonight, McV back in for him, is Eski fit? Swap him for Tadgh, altho irish did have a reasonable game, Rohan might be a chance if he is fit enough,a and Hanners might be missing that eye did not look good, otherwise keep the group playng together and get them out kicking at goal during the week
    WTF? I must of been at a different game last night....I thought he was a liability, he dropped marks, one that sticks in mind was when he had no pressure on him and spilled it which resulted in a bombers goal. Re the changes, I think rohan should get a go if fit.

Rohan played a half of reserves, pretty optimistic to think he'll be in the 1's this week.

TDL is a bean pole. What's he supposed to tackle with? He could if it was round the bootlaces but wrong code.

I don't think Jack was reported unless it comes under match review but a back on back is hardly worth reporting.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast