Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V The Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    There comes a time when maybe the player himself should say enough is enough.

That time has come IMO.
    Round 21?

A stalwart of the club is going to decide in round 21 that enough is enough. Don't think he's out of the best 22 atm.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

No change.

The only change will come if one of the young ones is pulling up short, or if Myke Pike is available.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Time to exploit Richmonds lack of good talls. Bring back Pyke !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Round 21?

A stalwart of the club is going to decide in round 21 that enough is enough. Don't think he's out of the best 22 atm.
    I believe the time came at Rd 16 a month ago. His season has been ordinary and the last 2 months he has been a liability.

I'm astounded anybody could think he is in our best 22 atm. Staggering.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    There comes a time when maybe the player himself should say enough is enough.

That time has come IMO.
    As I posted elsewhere Stewie Maxfield did just that in 2005. Even though the coach said he'd play him as soon as he put his hand up to play. Now there's strength of character!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Time to exploit Richmonds lack of good talls. Bring back Pyke !!!
    Pykie has only just resumed in the reserves after a long time out. He will play his first in the resies along with LJ.

Kennelly out Nipper in, Mal to half back could work. The thing I worry about with the sides like Richmond and Carlton is the tall forward line due to their resting ruck. Richmond are also fast on the forward line as well so Mal would be better at the moment than Tadhg who seems to have lost a good yard.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Now Meredith keeps getting mentioned but I have yet to see him do anything at senior level that makes me think he will make the grade.

Others who have seen more of him may disagree so please shoot me down but I doubt he's had a better game than we've seen this year from the likes of first year players AJ, Parker etc.

Those wishing for Lamb are over looking the fact he hasn't even produced at reserves level yet. Wanting a first round pick to play before his time is just wishful longing :-) Probably because we have a poor record with first round picks dating back a very long way. Thank goodness for second and third round picks!
    Meredith is an interesting one. Has been terrific in a lot of the reserves games this year but there is just something about him that doesn't give me confidence that he'll make the next step. I can't put my finger on what that is.

Lamb returned last week to the reserves after a lengthy lay off with injury. He's going to be a gun. He has a tremendous amount of skill and is very aggressive in the way he goes about things. To me he's ready made for AFL and with a few games under his belt could be a surprise selection for us coming into finals.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I believe the time came at Rd 16 a month ago. His season has been ordinary and the last 2 months he has been a liability.

I'm astounded anybody could think he is in our best 22 atm. Staggering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    As I posted elsewhere Stewie Maxfield did just that in 2005. Even though the coach said he'd play him as soon as he put his hand up to play. Now there's strength of character!
    The above two posts sum up my feelings about Tiger.
    I'm torn two ways on what to do with him as I'm glad I support a club that doesn't dump a champion of the club cause he's near his expiration date but on the other hand, watching him as he is now is sooooo frustrating and I want our best team possible on the park come finals.
    I don't see how anyone can say he's in our best 22 any more, particularly when Moore and even Bevan are fit and right to play and we then have Rohan, Lamb, Pyke and Spang back from injury and in a week or two all fit and able to play seniors and all are able to offer far more than Tiger.
    I wish he would do what Go Swannies suggests and do a Stewie. Feign injury and retire as a champion, not a washed up hack which, unfortunately he is starting to look like.

My 'enough is enough' comment wasn't meant to suggest that I think Tadhg should retire, effective immediately, but rather he should put his hand up and say, 'My form is crap, I don't deserve my place, let me see if I can go back and find my mojo in the ressies'.

In other words, make the extremely tough decision for them.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Meredith is an interesting one. Has been terrific in a lot of the reserves games this year but there is just something about him that doesn't give me confidence that he'll make the next step. I can't put my finger on what that is.

Lamb returned last week to the reserves after a lengthy lay off with injury. He's going to be a gun. He has a tremendous amount of skill and is very aggressive in the way he goes about things. To me he's ready made for AFL and with a few games under his belt could be a surprise selection for us coming into finals.
    Very exciting News Al .Thanks for that. All the reading on him seems to say much the same thing. I can't speak too highly of our recruiters! I think we are closer to being top 4 and challenging for a flag than many realise. A tough ,talented ,aggressive goal kicker could turn it around ( like Krakour for the Pies). There are many avenues to a goal. We probably pinned too many hopes on Jesse but now we seem to have a much wider selection of forwards eg Spangher, Lamb, Pyke, LJ, Bevan, Moore, Reid, Parker etc etc .The challenge for the selectors will be to settle down a forward line that combines all this talent!

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Cant tell you how much I hope you are right with Lamb Al, because a gun with the x factor who likes kicking goals is welcome in any side, but especially our side.

One of the real values of this site is the feedback from all of you guys who get the ressies and see how these young players are progressing (or not as the case may be). Thanks for the work you all put in every week.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast