Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V The Tigers

Changes for Rnd 21 V The Tigers

Is Pykie fit yet ??

Change away people........

I personally don't believe TDL gave enough to justify a place in the team tonight, McV back in for him, is Eski fit? Swap him for Tadgh, altho irish did have a reasonable game, Rohan might be a chance if he is fit enough,a and Hanners might be missing that eye did not look good, otherwise keep the group playng together and get them out kicking at goal during the week
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Golden ticket Kennelly will never be dropped

If Mal is not fit, especially after a bye, there's no point having him in the side. Fully fit, he should be one of the first in, but not if he's only going to play a quarter and get a couple of kicks.

TDL just doesn't look right at all at senior level.

Inclusions depend on fitness, I suppose. Could live with Moore coming in.

Senior Player
    TDL out.. Forever!! Lead up forwards, at his size, don't survive in league footy. Let alone a soft one. Can't tackle, can't crumb. Gorrrrrn.
    C'mon Chels!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    If Mal is not fit, especially after a bye, there's no point having him in the side. Fully fit, he should be one of the first in, but not if he's only going to play a quarter and get a couple of kicks.

TDL just doesn't look right at all at senior level.

Inclusions depend on fitness, I suppose. Could live with Moore coming in.
    I am no Moore fan but he at least gives a contest that TDL doesn't. I can't see the point of keeping TDL on the list.

Veterans List
    One of our problems has been the injuries to the back up players so Malceski stays in regardless of injury issues. In some ways we have been fortunate to keep most of the best 22 on the park. Apparently no injury worries reported after the game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    TDL out.. Forever!! Lead up forwards, at his size, don't survive in league footy. Let alone a soft one. Can't tackle, can't crumb. Gorrrrrn.
    Bruise free footballer. Plays well at the next level down but physically can't hack it at the top. No doubt he has been told to harden up but he just doesn't seem to be able achieve that.

Malceski as sub doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not sure TDL was that bad given he hasn't played a lot and came into the team as an emergency - why is his missed tackle so much worse than the two dozen miss-kicks that cost us during the game - it was a mistake (he miss timed it) rather than a lack of effort.

I think he will come good because he has shown what he can do - he just needs a consistent run of games and to play at his best consistently. I see no reason he can't do that.

If Jetta, TDL, Reid, AJ and Parker all develop and play consistently as well as we have seen them to in bursts, then we will have a great team in years to come. So keep em in the team I say

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Malceski as sub doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not sure TDL was that bad given he hasn't played a lot and came into the team as an emergency - why is his missed tackle so much worse than the two dozen miss-kicks that cost us during the game - it was a mistake (he miss timed it) rather than a lack of effort.

I think he will come good because he has shown what he can do - he just needs a consistent run of games and to play at his best consistently. I see no reason he can't do that.

If Jetta, TDL, Reid, AJ and Parker all develop and play consistently as well as we have seen them to in bursts, then we will have a great team in years to come. So keep em in the team I say
    Well said tough game to come into TDL was ordinary but that was one of the most high intense games I have ever seen............massive step up from what he is used to playing in the two's. You can't judge him one one game he needs at least 4 games to show his true worth. Seems many others get endless opurtunities. We break down badly in our forward line so we need to play proven goal kickers. Needs to work on his defensive side which after half time I thought was quiet good, a work in progress for me.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The only change I'd make is Tadhg replaced by McVeigh (we missed him last night) or Malceski (assuming he's not carrying anything) and Rohan as sub.
    TDL knows where to be and will only get better. The only other possibilities are Moore (whom I respect greatly, but lack of pace is a killer), Bevo (who is tough, courageous and a hard worker but not skillful) and Lamb (who has lots of potential but needs more time).
    When Pyke is ready I'd like to see him swap ruck/FF with Mummy. In the meantime LRT is useful, though I'd prefer him in defence.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The only change I'd make is Tadhg replaced by McVeigh (we missed him last night) or Malceski (assuming he's not carrying anything) and Rohan as sub.
    TDL knows where to be and will only get better. The only other possibilities are Moore (whom I respect greatly, but lack of pace is a killer), Bevo (who is tough, courageous and a hard worker but not skillful) and Lamb (who has lots of potential but needs more time).
    When Pyke is ready I'd like to see him swap ruck/FF with Mummy. In the meantime LRT is useful, though I'd prefer him in defence.
    LRT had Fletcher to deal with - a fine player - otherwise he's been doing a fairly good job in his new role. I do think we miss his big body in defence though.

I agree we missed McVeigh as he's shown much improved form lately. Apart from him hopefully coming back in, I can't see there will be any other changes next week.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast