Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Changes for Rnd 21 V The Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I don't know if our coaches know how to handle players and get the best out of them.
    Really??? Extraordinary statement considering the improvement in the young talent we have. Not to mention some exciting talent in the Ressies which I see developing before my eyes. Someone like TDL is not overnight fix but takes a lot of work to get him to a standard where his forward smarts can be of use to us.

on all his analysis is very basic and doesn't seem to be a bloke that understands the different problems a player might incur because of his personality..
    Do me favour Wolfie at Horse's next press conference can you post a link and let us know where his analysis is more basic than what is provided by other coaches. Not saying your wrong here but it's not something I've noticed so it would be interesting to see if he is as basic in his media statements as you say. Also what proof or observation have you noted that Horse doesn't understand the personalities of the players under his charge. Unless you're inside the club you would have no idea of the personal interactions Horse has with his players.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Very disappointed that they dropped TDL after one match.
    He would have flourished against the Tiger's weak defence this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Really??? Extraordinary statement considering the improvement in the young talent we have. Not to mention some exciting talent in the Ressies which I see developing before my eyes. Someone like TDL is not overnight fix but takes a lot of work to get him to a standard where his forward smarts can be of use to us.

Do me favour Wolfie at Horse's next press conference can you post a link and let us know where his analysis is more basic than what is provided by other coaches. Not saying your wrong here but it's not something I've noticed so it would be interesting to see if he is as basic in his media statements as you say. Also what proof or observation have you noted that Horse doesn't understand the personalities of the players under his charge. Unless you're inside the club you would have no idea of the personal interactions Horse has with his players.
    Just an observation from what he said & did you notice the seems! I'll be honest and say I was never in favour of him as coach & I still have my doubts. I don't believe the current coaching staff can win us a premiership. They can't even seem to get the players to kick strait in front of goal, basics really. I don't want to hear excuses like 'the speed of the modern game' every team has to kick goals under these conditions and most manage to kick more on the goal side of the ledger. The kicking & general stuff ups (the one per centas) are the things that win or lose games & we have to be better at those things. Last week was an improvement in field play but the goal kicking stunk. We still made a few blues that ended up in goals to Essendon. To win finals, let alone premierships, we have to do those things better than the other sides.

I barrack for Glenelg and they were always the bridesmaid never the bride. We constantly picked the wrong coach & lost important games because of the personality of the coach. John Nichols, twice runner up due to his personal problems, Kim Hodgeman, local boy & star picked because of that & no premierships in his time. The list goes on and at Sydney we have just broken our huge drought and I don't want to see us wait another 10 to 20 years to win a premiership. Glenelg won the premiership in 1937, 1973, 1986 & 1987, they waited 13 long years for another one, won two and have not won one since, I don't want us to be in the same boat, around the mark but not quite there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    That's really fascinating, we work very hard when we don't have the ball. Where do you get those stats from?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    That's really fascinating, we work very hard when we don't have the ball. Where do you get those stats from?
    Strait kicking is a one per centa & the one I was talking about and you know it, so stop being pedantic.

ProStats. I think it's the Official company the AFL use? Parts of it are for free so check it out. I try to use it when selecting tips

Strait kicking is a one per centa......
    More crap.....

Where do shepherds, blocks, knock-ons etc fit then?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    ProStats. I think it's the Official company the AFL use? Parts of it are for free so check it out. I try to use it when selecting tips
    Pretty sure that's right Nich. At the 'Inside the Giants' night/presentation, they showed the stats which are available to the clubs, supplied by ProStats. The amount of stats available and the ability to filter into quarters, positions on ground etc. was mind boggling.

Didn't know that some were available, I'll have to look, thanks.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910