Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A trade for Seaby

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    does anyone remember what pick etc that we gave West Coast for Seabs to join us ?
    It was a complicated (for me anyway) trade involving Brisbane Lions and Amon Buchanan as well as Brent Staker and numerous picks from all teams involved.

At it's most simplest level we gave them Amon and Picks #22 and #118 for Seaby and picks #55 and #28. #55 was TDL and #28 was Mitch Duncan who we gave up to Geelong for the big Mummy!

Apart from the Mummy trade I still can't believe we got Benny Mac and Joey for #39, #46 and #70. Great work by the Swans.

Although I'm sure the Pies think the same with getting Jolly for Jetta and Stratton at #46 who was involved in the Hawthorn trade, and likewise with Barry for the Dogs for #47. I guess Jolly wanted to go and Barry had to go which was the difference there. Not sure from memory if Benny and Joey really wanted to leave or not?
    Last edited by Nich; 1st September 2011 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    or maybe the fact that the physio would have little idea about the contract status of players.
    Or his offseason will be somewhere else and they want at least to let him go injury free.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It's a tough one because the AFL are so unpredictable with how they go about their rules and changes. Next year they may well decide to go with 4 on the bench and a sub in which case a true second ruck may well again become fashionable.
    I agree.
    We grabbed Seaby because at the time 2 ruckman were seen as a necessity to win a premiership. Then the AFL changed the rule (yet again without trialling it properly: what a pack of amateurs!) and all of a sudden the demand for ruckmen declines.

I'd keep Seaby as insuarance, because . . .

1) There may be several ruckmen shopped around this trade season because of this, it may become a buyers market.

2) While the AFL would never admit that they made a mistake, or reverse a bad decision. I wouldn't trust the them not to change the interchange rules again.

3) There are too many injury concerns with Currie (shades of Stephen Doyle?) and I'm not sure about relying on Moose in the ruck.

Lastly and most importantly . . .

4) Trading with GWS is a very bad idea! Sheedy runs GWS! We must never ever do another trade with Sheedy! He will simply hypnotise our negotiators yet again. If we were lucky we would end up swapping Seaby and our first two draft choices for a sight-impaired 17 year old transexual with a limp! Danger Will Robinson! Danger!
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    If we were lucky we would end up swapping Seaby and our first two draft choices for a sight-impaired 17 year old transexual with a limp!
    ...who will no doubt enjoy becoming the new RWO whipping boy.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

And even if we did sell Seaby for a handfull of Mr Sheedy's magic beans. . .
    I don't think we shouldn't wast a high draft pick on a young ruckman, we'd do much better to Rookie list one (that's how Jolly, Jamar, Cox, Hudson and the Mummy got into the AFL).

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

4) Trading with GWS is a very bad idea! Sheedy runs GWS! We must never ever do another trade with Sheedy! He will simply hypnotise our negotiators yet again. If we were lucky we would end up swapping Seaby and our first two draft choices for a sight-impaired 17 year old transexual with a limp! Danger Will Robinson! Danger!
    I think you are getting confused with Will MINSON.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veterans List
    Transexual? That is a distinct possibility. It is Sydney. I don't Sheedy is silly enough to put one up with a limp though.

Senior Player
    Whatever happens, GWS are the front runners and we re probably best able to do deals that suit both sides agendas. Seaby is probably about middle of the field as first rucks go, certainly no slouch. He is able to dominate lesser ruckmen as he did against Richmond. He is also capable of getting 20+ possessions around the ground and of moving forward and kicking goals.

GWS will not want to start off by losing games by big margins because they have too many players that lack experience so an experienced ruckman who can play for a few years is important to them.
    In addition, it would be attractive to Seaby because he could move clubs without moving house. The Sydney bonus payment would also apply I presume.

The same could also apply to other players who are "stiff" atm, in terms of not getting a game (Moore and Bevan). This is not a bad package for GWS, experienced players (Bevan's hardness, Moore"s on-field leadership) and minimal disruption/reduced costs.Allows the club to put up decent performances early on until the high quality young talent starts to come through.

A low first round and high second round pick would suit us nicely. We could get a quality project ruckman and a good young potential mid-sized backman to fill the gaps we will have in the next couple of years. Maybe I'm dreamin' but it sounds like a good 2 way deal to me.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Maybe I'm dreamin' but it sounds like a good 2 way deal to me.
    That's the danger, Sheedy's deals always sound good but we always get the spiky end of the pineapple.

seaby to richmond for dustin martin :P
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    seaby to richmond for dustin martin :P
    That would be a nice one. I don't think we can afford to trade him. Currie is not looking likely to make it into the firsts. If Mummy goes down then that leaves just Pyke.

Richmond and GWS look like trade club options and I'm sure Sheedy will want 2 players for a high pick. Which could be good depending on who is in the draft.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Transexual? That is a distinct possibility. It is Sydney. I don't Sheedy is silly enough to put one up with a limp though.
    A limp what?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast