Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V The Saints

Pushing for Selection
    An unlike Sydney game today, but its our kicking that has let us down all year. Our disposal is worse than GC...bordering on PA!!!!
    For me, TK has to go, he's lost the speed and nous for todays game. I know we have TDL knockers but at least he kicks straight, play him out of the square with an open fwd line.
    The bulldog is a smarter fwd than most, and lets get lamb in if hes fit and see what he can do. If we dont improve our basic skills we are going down.
    We also need our ressies to get back in the VFL so they play against good footballers not locals.

Out: Jetta, Meredith, Kenelley, LRT

In: Nipper, Rohan, Malceski, Pyke

Johnston if Malceski is still not fit.
    Apparently Nipper had a blinder in the 2nds.
    Last edited by longmile; 14th August 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=neilfws;543989]Changes won't help. Our team consists of young guys who aren't ready, old guys who can't run and no-one who can kick

And a coach who can't coach

There must be something wrong with McGlynn and Bolton. They are working hard, but are well down on their early-season form.

Not sure if a rest would help, but they're struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    There must be something wrong with McGlynn and Bolton. They are working hard, but are well down on their early-season form.

Not sure if a rest would help, but they're struggling.
    After our loss to Collingwood our season hasn't been the same after our great start. We've only won 3 from 9 in the second half.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Ins and outs don't really matter. We played basically the same team as the ones who almost rolled Collingwood earlier in the year. The difference between now and then, is heart and spirit. None of the players wearing the red and white today (bar a few ie. Goodes, Richards, Mumford) looking like the were proud to be wearing the bloods colors, nor did they really try and win the game at any stage. I don't even know what to think, but honestly, I'd say our year is over. And based on todays efforts, probably our reign of never really dropping off as contenders from the last 8 years or more, is gone too.

Senior Player
    We looked very old and slow today. Bolton, ROK, Kennelly, and McVeigh are liabilities with their lack of pace. Add Bird and Parker and we're carrying too many that aren't quick enough. Sam's not that quick either and has been caught out the last few weeks.

I agree that it's time to bite the bullet with some older guys. I get the feeling they will drop Kennelly this time; the call on Rohan has been made really quickly by Longmire and Kennelly is obviously the most deficient of our running backs. I can't see Kennelly getting a contract for next year; no time for sentiment. Not getting enough from McVeigh, Jack, McGlynn and ROK, and haven't all year. Has ROK contract for next year? If not, I'm not sure he'll get one. McVeigh's captaincy should only last a year.

I don't think they'll drop Shaw or McGlynn because we need their pace. We really need Jetta's pace, but his lack of pressure more than negates it.

Good players today: Mummy, Mattner, Joey K. Hanners got a lot but squandered it often. Teddy tried hard.

I wonder how Pyke went today.

What about:

IN: Gordon, Rohan
    OUT: Jetta Kennelly

Smokies: Lamb and Spangher

Senior Player
    Sorry, Meredith has to go as well. Perhaps keep Jetta in for a last chance at it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    Sorry, Meredith has to go as well. Perhaps keep Jetta in for a last chance at it this year.
    You for real? Meredith was easily better than Jetta today and Jetta has had 10 times as many chances than Meredith has had.

Out: Jetta, McGlynn, LRT, Kennelly

In: Rohan, Gordon, Malceski, Moore

Regular in the Side
    McGlyn played beyond any reasonable expectations last year...but very sporadic this year...not getting the ball nearly as much / enough...and Kennedy (though strong today) has not matched year one either. Both have suspect disposal which has been hidden until recently with McGlynn...they were not let go for nothing nad will not take us far

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    McGlyn played beyond any reasonable expectations last year...but very sporadic this year...not getting the ball nearly as much / enough...and Kennedy (though strong today) has not matched year one either. Both have suspect disposal which has been hidden until recently with McGlynn...they were not let go for nothing nad will not take us far
    It might help mcglynn if he wasn't played as a six foot five power forward. The number of times we seem to chip passes onto his head with a tall defender bearing down on him is just astounding. It's as though the team has been told that he plays tall...

Ins: Rohan,Malceski,Nipper,Lamb

Outs: Didn't see the game so the 4 crappy players today.

Pyke should come in the week after after another Reserves hit out.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast