Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V The Saints

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    How come Meredith comes in to a crap team performance and gets dropped? he deserves another chance about 14 others don't...
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

On the veteran's list
    Rohan for Jetta. Jetta has speed but doesn't use it either to get out on his own, get to contests, run down opponents, or blow up his man. I think Seaby may be a better alternative to LRT as a resting ruckman/forward
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    Jetta and Kennelly have to go this week.
    like to see Rohan and Lamb come in and seaby as well....

For anyone that was at Queanbeyan today the little fella in the yellow boots might be a chance of getting a game in the seniors.
    Draft him now.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    For anyone that was at Queanbeyan today the little fella in the yellow boots might be a chance of getting a game in the seniors.
    Draft him now.
    Wearing the Swans No4 jersey??? the little tyke I saw was tireless in kicking the footy around wasn't he.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    You for real? Meredith was easily better than Jetta today and Jetta has had 10 times as many chances than Meredith has had.

Out: Jetta, McGlynn, LRT, Kennelly

In: Rohan, Gordon, Malceski, Moore
    Meredith had 7 possessions to Jetta's 6. The difference between the two is what they potentially offer. Meredith is not that quick, he doesn't get much ball, and he's not that hard over it - observations not just from yesterday's game. Jetta has speed, which we really need, thus I can see the temptation to play him. He looked to have turned it around two and three weeks ago, but I agree that he was terrible yesterday.

I doubt they'll play Moore, incidentally. Lack of speed is one of our main problems. They're also not going to drop LRT without a plan for second ruckman. Longmire mentioned Pyke at the press conference; if he's fit, maybe they'll rush him back.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    I doubt they'll play Moore, incidentally. Lack of speed is one of our main problems. They're also not going to drop LRT without a plan for second ruckman. Longmire mentioned Pyke at the press conference; if he's fit, maybe they'll rush him back.
    Longmire wants toughness, and that's what Moore brings? Wont drop LRT without a plan for a second ruckman - shhhh there is this guy we got from West Coast called Seaby I heard he is a ruckman too........ and another guy called Jesse.

OUT: McGlynn, AJ, Meredith, Jetta, LRT
    IN: Bevan, Moore, White, Rohan, Seaby.

Before we run off dropping everyone in the team, we can only replace them with what we have in the ressies, obviously Rohan comes in, but Pyke will still be short of a gallop and Nipper will still struggle to get a touch at senior level. I would have thought Moore Bevan, Malceski would be good options to bring in, with the experience base, maybe it's time to try Seaby at FF, move LRT back, give one of the defenders a rest, well we just had the bye so that's not really an excuse I can use. We're just as likely to see a completely different attitude next week, but if we don't continue to play the young blokes and get them to gel as ateam, we're going to be in this spot for along time. We can lament the midfields performance yesterday, but if you have no forward line to kick to, how r u going to go?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I was going to bang my drum about ROK and Irish but I am so over it.

Whatever they go with I'm not sure I can get worked up enough to care.
    -

Veterans List
    I expect there will be minimal changes. The players we had on the ground (except for a couple, well one) can play much better than they did yesterday. Even if we lose next week I'll be heartened if someone decides to lay a tackle that sticks or kicks a ball downfield to another Swans player or warns a fellow Swan that he's hot and about to be tackled. Oh, several of them standing around on our forward 50 line might want to do more than watch as a Saints player runs between them to slot a goal down the other end of the field. It's not that we're slow or lack forward structure - it's that we have a group of AFL players who can't kick, tackle or run down the opposition at AFL standard. Oh, kicking goals rather than points would be a good idea, too.

I'm still astonished that people on here think Pyke is ahead of Seaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm still astonished that people on here think Pyke is ahead of Seaby.
    Me too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast