Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 22 V The Saints

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm still astonished that people on here think Pyke is ahead of Seaby.
    It's alphabetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm still astonished that people on here think Pyke is ahead of Seaby.
    As a tap ruck man Seaby has the edge. As the resting ruck man up forward with this ridiculous Sub rule, Pyke has the edge. Pyke in the games i've seen is just more mobile and dangerous when going forward than Seaby is.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Longmire wants toughness, and that's what Moore brings? Wont drop LRT without a plan for a second ruckman - shhhh there is this guy we got from West Coast called Seaby I heard he is a ruckman too........ and another guy called Jesse.

OUT: McGlynn, AJ, Meredith, Jetta, LRT
    IN: Bevan, Moore, White, Rohan, Seaby.
    Aren't you forgetting someone.........Kennelly ?
    AJ did look tired, but I'd have him in well ahead of Kennelly.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    As a tap ruck man Seaby has the edge. As the resting ruck man up forward with this ridiculous Sub rule, Pyke has the edge. Pyke in the games i've seen is just more mobile and dangerous when going forward than Seaby is.
    Seaby also gets plenty of the ball around the ground and uses it well......This is where Pyke struggles.

Maybe in a year or 2 Pyke will become a more complete player, but at present he's still on a big learning curve.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Aren't you forgetting someone.........Kennelly ?
    AJ did look tired, but I'd have him in well ahead of Kennelly.
    Good Point!!!!

Out aswell: Kennelly
    In: Esky

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Seaby also gets plenty of the ball around the ground and uses it well......This is where Pyke struggles.

Maybe in a year or 2 Pyke will become a more complete player, but at present he's still on a big learning curve.
    Without the sub rule I'd have Mummy and Seaby as the ruckman, no question. With the sub rule the resting ruckman has to spend a lot of time forward and this is where Pyke imo is the better option.

I hate the sub rule.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Actually, as a tap ruckman, Pyke is ahead of Seaby. As a resting forward, Pyke is ahead of Seaby. Around the ground, Seaby is well ahead of Pyke. If it were out of Pyke and Seaby for the first ruckman, I'd go Seaby. But Pyke has the versatility up forward to be the second ruckman, while still being very effective in the taps.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Let's not forget Pyke is still learning the game.

Give him a year or 2 and he could be great.

Yep, agree totally.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    Meredith had 7 possessions to Jetta's 6. The difference between the two is what they potentially offer. Meredith is not that quick, he doesn't get much ball, and he's not that hard over it - observations not just from yesterday's game. Jetta has speed, which we really need, thus I can see the temptation to play him. He looked to have turned it around two and three weeks ago, but I agree that he was terrible yesterday.
    That's BS.

Meredith in his first game back after a long stint out vs Jetta who has been playing all year.

Meredith covers the ground well and has a massive, accurate kick. Give him a few weeks. He's exactly what we need.

And 3 quarters of footy vs 4.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 15th August 2011 at 04:51 PM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    That's BS.

Meredith in his first game back after a long stint out vs Jetta who has been playing all year.

Meredith covers the ground well and has a massive, accurate kick. Give him a few weeks. He's exactly what we need.
    I was really pleased that Meredith was selected for Sunday's game, just as I have been pleased each time he's been promoted from reserves in the past. I was looking forward to seeing that he'd progressed into a player who could win the ball and influence games with big plays. But I still haven't seen it.

He has a big, accurate kick, and yes that's what we need. However, he doesn't win many possessions and isn't hard over the ball or in defence. Games seem to pass him by. The difference is that Lewis has the attributes to influence/change games. Frustratingly, he's inconsistent and yes, he's been given heaps of chances.

Career stats for Meredith and Jetta:

Meredith 15 games: ave disposals: 9.9; marks: 2.9; clearances: 0.7; tackles: 1.1; goals: 0.6
    Jetta 38 games: ave disposals: 11.7; marks: 3.1; clearances: 0.9; tackles: 2.2; goals: 0.4

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I wouldn't change a lot.
    Tadhg out, Malceski in.
    McGlynn out (is he carrying something?), Parker to start, Rohan to sub.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast