Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Draft - Victims of our own success

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I haven't read the book but I've heard that Vezpremi was also expected to be someone who would struggle moving away from Melbourne. For those that have read the book is that an accurate statement?
    Has anything happened post draft that suggests he struggled to move away from Melbourne? He has struggled to get himself fit enough to play AFL. That is about it. His failure to play any games this season for the Dogs (despite them travelling worse than we did last year) suggests Melbourne vs Sydney is not /was not the issue.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Has anything happened post draft that suggests he struggled to move away from Melbourne? He has struggled to get himself fit enough to play AFL. That is about it. His failure to play any games this season for the Dogs (despite them travelling worse than we did last year) suggests Melbourne vs Sydney is not /was not the issue.
    Whoah settle down their liz, no need to get all defensive on me

All I asked was if Vez was viewed in a similar light by recruiters

Was Liz being defensive there? Thought that was just a normal response myself...
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    I asked a simple question about the book and I got a 5 line response which completely ignored the original question I asked and then proceeded to talk down to me about Vez's shortcomings as an AFL player

Jewell managed to answer what was a straight forward query without being condescending

I thought Liz did answer the question. The way you phrased it made it seem like you were asking if Vez had any troubles moving away from Melbourne. As for condescending, remind me never to reply to a post of yours for fear of being falsely interpreted as condescending... Oh wait, @@@@, was that too condescending? Sorry, I'm just not sure, what with... Oh god damn, am I still doing it?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234